tampa's "short skirt" trades...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I see a lot of people posting journal's on ET for public scretenity, or to force discipline on themselves etc. I always wonder how much it really helps the people who did it, if they stick it out long enough for it to help. Doing everything in public adds an entirely new set of emotional burdons to your trading. When I started doing my chatroom I had a terrible month and a half as I adjusted to doing it, I was just about ready to say screw it and go back to my small corner in the bedroom and continue life as a hermit trader.

I would also suggest you consider spending some time as a member of Linda's room, if nothing else just to read the logs at night. It would likely be a great educational experience for you, and increase the likelyhood of your becoming successful with this particular setup, which is more then meets the eye.

Brandon

#21     Sep 29, 2002
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

You have overcome the hardest part namely open yourself to public flagellation, the rest should be piece of cake.:p

#22     Sep 29, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

tampa,

If you do not follow your rules from now on - NO MATTER WHAT, I will personally come to tampa and kick your ass.

nitro

#23     Sep 29, 2002
  4. LOL Nitro. I see a business model here. An enforcement squad. Having problems sticking to your plan? Sign up and we will break your arm if you do it again.

#24     Sep 29, 2002
  5. tampa

tampa

I’ve given that some thought. But in my zeal to be open and honest, with you as well as myself, I must tell you that I have rejected the idea.

I have great respect for Linda, and have learned much from her writings. But a Guru is not what I need, or desire. There is nothing new, or even special in Linda’s “short skirt” trades. I am fully aware (I think) of the various filters she uses, as well as the years of know-how and experience she brings to the table.

The method is nothing more than trading retracements in a trend. I referenced Linda and the term “short skirt” only to provide some identity.

Is there any more that she can teach me? I am sure that there is. In fact, there are few if any traders who could not provide me with additional insight. But my problem is not with methodology, it is with being unable to follow a set of rules.

I posses a number of methods and strategies that “work” . But I lack the discipline to make them work consistently for me. I suppose that one could say that I “know” too much for my own good, and that this is an exercise in “unlearning” – or to put it another way, an attempt to stop being smarter than the market.

If she (or anyone) could teach me how to do that, I’d sign up in a heartbeat!

#25     Sep 29, 2002
  6. nitro

nitro

Yoda could do it:

Yoda: "You must unlearn what you have learned"

Star Wars: Episode III

nitro

#26     Sep 29, 2002
  7. tampa

tampa

...ouuuuu! That sounds interesting. I'll bet that Subbie would be interested as well.

Who says that good things don't come from being on this board!!!

#27     Sep 29, 2002
  8. nitro

nitro

Best of Luck tampa - I like your style putting it all on the line.

Come into the ET chatroom, state your purpose, and I think you will find some encouragement...

nitro

#28     Sep 29, 2002
  9. tampa

tampa

It's always YODA, YODA, YODA with you, nitro.

Yoda this, Yoda that...geesh...

#29     Sep 29, 2002
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If she (or anyone) could teach me how to do that, I’d sign up in a heartbeat!

Make a promise to someone you care deeply about and would do all you can to keep your word too. Maybe a mother, father, son, daughter, wife etc. Write down your rules so there is no question as to what they are, and sincerely promise that person that from this point you will follow them.

#30     Sep 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.