tampa's "short skirt" trades...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tampa

tampa

Perchance if The Sub-dude could get his mind out of the gutter, his own trading would improve five fold.

The truth of the matter is that I do sit here in a cute little short skirt while trading this pattern. I switched to this method after running into some problems selling naked calls - but I really don't want to go there.

#11     Sep 28, 2002
  2. Looking forward to the thread. Should be very interesting.

Good luck Tampa!

#12     Sep 28, 2002
  3. tampa

tampa

Thanx Tri...

Just knowing that I already have Slubliminal in a snit should be all the encouragement needed.

#13     Sep 28, 2002
  4. tampa

tampa

My God, my God, what have I done? This journal thing seemed like such a good idea last night. But now I am not so sure.

Allow me to explain. I have been at this for a very long time. It is the greatest challenge I have ever encountered. It all started out with the dream of becoming rich – filthy rich. But over the years it evolved into something quite different. It became a game, a hobby. And just being right became far more important than making money.

Over the years a pattern developed. Most every weekend has been devoted to studying my charts, reading, and contemplation. Weekend after weekend. And almost without fail, some great revelation would appear. I would see things that I never saw before. I would suddenly understand things that I never understood before. This has been going on for years.

Sundays are always filled with not only hope, but genuine excitement and anticipation – just waiting for the markets to reopen on Monday. Every Monday is a new beginning, a fresh start. Do you understand what I am saying? Do you go through the same syndrome?

Well tomorrow is Monday. A day I always look forward to – but maybe not this time. Maybe this time in my effort to force more discipline on myself, I have backed my ass into a corner. For me, trading has always been very personal, very private. But now with this stunt all of that changes.

Now I leave myself open to second-guessing, possible ridicule, snickering, and the dreaded “I told you so” that is almost certain to come no matter what. But as I have already stated, I am doing this for my benefit. It is not being done for educational purposes, nor to prove anything. It’s purpose, it’s sole purpose is to force myself to follow through in a trade.

I have long since gotten over the fear of pulling the trigger. My problem now is being to quick to pull it again – thereby shooting myself in the foot.

Oh my God, there are only twenty-two and a half hours to go – (GULP).

#14     Sep 29, 2002
  5. Kymar

Kymar

Enjoy your thoughts, but, if this is just a "game" or a "hobby," why get so worried? If you told us that you had lost and/or given up huge amounts of money, were on the verge of total personal financial disaster, were now comparing the virtues of different methods of killing yourself, etc., then some nervousness might be understandable. Even if it was just some personal crossroads, not a full-fledged life crisis but still a major turning point, then I could see a reason for anxiety on your part or sympathy on ours, but what you've told us suggests that your new plan isn't much more than a little personal experiment - on the level of improving your bench press or striving to improve your social life...

#15     Sep 29, 2002
  6. It was kind of spooky when I read your post that started this thread because just a few days ago I almost did the exact same thing. I had actually written the post and the similiarity was alarming. I was going to put it in the psychology forum because I did not want to discuss the technical part of my trades, just my ability to abide by my rules which is an emotional issue.I am having similiar problems about sticking with my plan and also thought that putting myself in front of the public might force me to toe the line. I decided at the last moment not to do it as I have made great progress this last week. I will be watching with interest to see how it works out. If I fall back off the wagon I may join you.:)

#16     Sep 29, 2002
  7. Good idea Tampa

I thought about doing this myself but it would be a lot of time spent here. I use this setup too but can'get myself to always enter BEFORE the market resumes its trend so I end up grabbing a point or two at best often breaking even or losing a point or two when the setup turns out to be a 1 min. double top/bottom.

#17     Sep 29, 2002
  8. tampa

tampa

Trading is no longer "just a hobbY", but it remains a "game" - and I hope that it always will.

Admittedly, my fear and trepidation is overstated. It more or less comes down to the "fear" of making a fool of myself in "public". However: should that happen, it may well be the least of the indignities I have suffered along the way.

#18     Sep 29, 2002
  9. tampa

tampa

Be that the case, may my journey be in solitude :)

#19     Sep 29, 2002
  10. tampa

tampa

They do understand, they do understand!!!

It's a real kick in the ass, isn't it. You bust a gut learning what works. Overcome most of the problems, such as the fear of pulling the trigger. But then you sabotage yourself by failing to work the trade properly.

Wow, what a surprise to find out that I am not alone:)

#20     Sep 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.