tampa's Revenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sashe

Sashe

Tampa, Brilliant and Funny !

Two Thumbs Up!

#21     Dec 7, 2004
  2. tampa

tampa

Funny? You think this stuff is funny?

You have a strange sense of humor, sir.

#22     Dec 7, 2004
  3. tampa

tampa

You know what – trading is a drag, a royal drag. I mean I love it and all that, but it can be a real ball buster. Aside from the losses and usual frustration, you sit here hour after hour doing absolutely nothing – and wondering if you’re getting anywhere.

You can get to thinking – questioning the whole thing. Does that ever happen to you? You know sometimes I can really get down – feeling mighty low, as the old saying goes. So I tried to come up with some “positives” – anything to show progress.

Do you realize that I haven’t bought a trading book in over three years. That’s progress. It means that I’ve caught on that some hack ain’t gonna sell me a bunch of crap – or a bill of goods - any more. Do you have a “trading library”? Mine was well over a hundred volumes – many of them cost $150 to $175 each . I gave them away several months ago. We had this big box – called it a box of broken dreams – and I just kept putting things in it. Books, old magazines I had saved, a bunch of material from seminars, and tons and tons of software. There was a financial astrology program I paid $2,500 for. And that pig Trade Station 2000 – all three modules. Set me back over four thousand – and it never work!. The box of broken dreams. Took the whole thing down to the library, and “donated” it.

That’s progress. It’s kind of like growing up, and admitting that there ain’t no Santa Claus. Laugh if you want to, but for me, that’s progress.

Or trading this damn five-minute YM, by the book. It’s almost two-thirty now. I’ve made one trade. Walked with a B/E +1. Five dollars, less $4,12 commission. And I am pleased with myself, because I did it the way it was supposed to be done. That’s progress – I guess.

Go right ahead, laugh your fool head off. But I’ll bet you could easily put together a box of broken dreams – but you just haven’t” progressed” that far yet.

So who’s laughing now?

#23     Dec 7, 2004
  4. tampa, can I ask why you have picked out the 5-min YM vs. the
    2-min or 3-min? More trades on the smaller time frames... :)

#24     Dec 7, 2004
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And more opportunities to fuck up . . . :)

#25     Dec 7, 2004
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

me neither, I just check them out from tradersbrain that way I am not stuck with them after I finish.

#26     Dec 7, 2004
  7. DblArrow

DblArrow

Don't know how I missed this for the first week. Thanks for the humor and the perseverence, it is something to be admired.

If you think of it say hey to Woodie and gb007, (from DblArrow) haven't been there is some time, often think of renewing HC - but...

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#27     Dec 7, 2004

8. Each time frame has it's own strength's and weaknesses...

You have to have a very specific trading plan for each time frame...

And this of course is for each market you trade...

They are all different... Different animals with different teeth to bite you... :D

#28     Dec 8, 2004

9. ... the price is going through the roof for HC...

I guess they believe they have everyone by the balls...

#29     Dec 8, 2004
  10. Why do you sitting there doing nothing ? Do something ! Something fun.
    Try to find most active time areas and trade just those . You do not have to be chained to a screen if you learn how to time your entries/exits.

#30     Dec 8, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.