tampa's Revenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keafan

keafan

Tampa... GREAT to see you back. :D

#11     Dec 4, 2004
  2. #12     Dec 4, 2004
  3. here we go again

why is everyone so enamored by Mr t a self-professed loser?

#13     Dec 4, 2004

4. He is fun to read and maybe he is going to win this time?... :p

#14     Dec 4, 2004
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Because he's the only person on this site who can write . . . :)

#15     Dec 4, 2004
  6. randy

sometimes things are not as they seem and you need to look a little deeper past the words.

:)

#16     Dec 5, 2004
  7. tampa

tampa

So the ink is hardly dry on the post before I get a PM from that low life Mister Subliminal asking if he can have a free trial to my new website. Then out from the woodwork craws a moldy oldie, 40yotrader. He wants to trade Two-For-One Subway Sandwich coupons for a membership.

At least there was one worthwhile offer. Magna The Wise dangled a tender that is hard to refuse. He said that I could have up to five naughty words per post, and two unsolicited personal attacks against other members per week in return for his free membership. How could I refuse an offer like that?

So keep an eye on this space for an example of what a real trading journal is all about…

#17     Dec 6, 2004
  8. tampa

tampa

For the record, I am a user of the CCI as taught by Woodie. It is the only indicator in my arsenal, and it’s been that way for almost a year now.

With that out of the way, allow me to say that I do not know if it is the best possible indicator out there, and I don’t care. What I do know is that it seems to be good enough – good enough for me. Maybe you think that sounds like faint praise, but I would disagree.

If only you knew some of the wild and crazy things I’ve based trading decisions on in the past. If only you knew how quick I was to drop one harebrained scheme for another. The bitch is that there is a good chance one or more of them could have worked – if only I had stuck with it.

Slowly but surely it dawned on me that I was the problem, not my method.

Without going in to a lot of detail, trading was my hobby. It was just a game, but it isn’t any more. Maybe some day I’ll tell you the whole story, but not right now. It’s not that important.

What is important is that I’m learning to stick with something. I’m learning to make it work for me.

#18     Dec 6, 2004
  9. Well, if you stick to something for as long as almost a year you can make it work no matter what it is. Having said this, I do not mean to imply that Woodie's stuff is inferior to anything else out there, but only that it's the practice that makes the trader to a greater extent than any particular indicator. Too many give up too soon switching to yet another magical indicator and they perpetuate it forever never making it in this field. Some infamous 'bitching about Woodie' threads on ET may serve as a good case in point.

As I have said it before, long ago to say it again without spoiling a joke (As Einstein once said: 'A good joke should not be repeated too often.'), 'an indicator is only as good as the trader can make it'.

Good luck, anyway!

#19     Dec 6, 2004
  10. tampa

tampa

Do you understand women? Either do I.

Yesterday the wife mentions that we haven’t gone out to eat in a while. She had a point. The last time was shortly after I started trading – twenty-three years ago. So I agree to take her out.

On the way to the restaurant I mention how excited I am that earlinarizona will be putting out a new CCI efs next week. It got no response. So I switched the topic to how I had been having problems with HotCom’s latest upgrade. Silence. She just stared aimlessly out the window.

While we were waiting for a table she started talking about how the kids would be going to collage soon, and pointing out how we have no savings, and how she was thinking about selling a kidney on e-Bay. I told her to hold off as I thought that the new Plateau trade was promising.

So now we are seated, and she mentioned that we hadn’t taken a vacation in quite a spell. Again she had a point. Our last was back in 1981 – about twenty-three years ago, come to think of it. Anyway, she says “How about Hawaii or maybe Cape Cod?” I suggested we wait to see where Woodie’s next Trade-Along would be held, and how we could go there.

She starts screaming and cursing, pulling tufts of hair out of her head. Next she turns over the table, punches a hole in the wall, spins around and starts to choke me! Damned if I can figure out what I said wrong. I guess I just don’t understand the fairer sex – you know what I mean?

#20     Dec 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.