tampa's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Move to ChitChat ALREADY!

#71     Sep 25, 2005
  2. tampa

tampa

Chit Chat? Moving this journal to Chit Chat is highly offensive to me. This “journal” probably has more to do with the real day to day aspects of trading than most.

This “journal” – as well as others I have posted – attempts to put a humorous spin on the reality of the business for many who try their hand at it. The adventures, follies and frustrations of ”tampa”, while exaggerated, are not uncommon.

Is every word written here the absolute truth? Of course not – but the essence of the “story” is based on actual happenings, emotions, and experience – mine and others. Presumably the member who is so offended with this “journal” has read others in this forum. If so, than he must concede that few have happy endings. They are filled with broken dreams, wild goose chases, failure and humiliation – that is the reality of the business, the nature of the beast.

None of it is funny – unless one steps back and takes a second look. None of it is funny while it is actually happening. Why is ”tampa’s” pursuit of trading mastery in the position of the moon absurd, but another “journal” based on golden ratios, certain moving averages, supposed patterns, etc, not?

”tampa” dreams of finding the magic bullet – he wanders from one sure fire method to the next. Along the way he defends his “method of the month” to the hilt – until it fails. He struggles with finances, family, self-doubt and more. Most anything that can go wrong, goes wrong. There is some of ”tampa” in every trader’s life.

While the narrative here is fictional, it is drawn from actual happenings. How do I know that to be true? Because I am ”tampa”, and so are you, if only you would admit it. Elite Trader is not filled with successful market mavens and wizards – it is populated mainly with marginal players, and losers in the market. Most of those who drift through this forum will go away empty handed, with broken dreams and broken hearts.

”tampa” is a man who lives under a dark cloud during trading hours. He does and says stupid things. He wants to believe that the answer is only a new indicator away. He wants to believe that somewhere out there is a method, a system, a guru, or a seminar – something, anything – that will put an end to his suffering. His journey is both sad and funny.

I am sorry if you are not able to understand the method in this madness – I suspect that this “journal” offends you because there may be some of ”tampa” within.

#72     Sep 25, 2005
  3. sigh...

There is a reason Magna allows this. The plight of Tampa...well I got to admit is a piece of me...but STOP...I got to focus cause I am in a long term compounding strategy..I am good...

Thanks Magna and Tampa....

#73     Sep 25, 2005
  4. ozzy

ozzy

Nice last post Tampa.

Trading is a funny game sometimes it can seem like the easiest thing on earth and other times you can go through a streak where you can do no right. I havn't read the entire thread but hope you eventually find something that works.

Good luck

ozzy

#74     Sep 25, 2005
  5. This thread is terrific. Black humour at its best.

#75     Sep 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.