tampa's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother tampa

It is really great to have you, my Brother amongst Brethren, back here on ET...

Love,
    Candle

#41     Sep 17, 2005
  2. tampa

tampa

So like I just got this PM from Samson77 – let me share it with you:

Hi “tampa”,

I really think I can help you. Let’s start off by trading my very own Samson77’s Short Skirts method. I can let you have it for $6,000.

Your friend,
    Samson77

Has anyone else been using this? Does it work? Please let me know as soon as possible – like before the market opens on Monday – thanx…

#42     Sep 17, 2005
  3. fstrader

fstrader

You're too funny. You need to turn this into a book.

#43     Sep 18, 2005
  4. tampa

tampa

I want to thank all the Elite Trader’s who PM’d me with their thoughts on Samson77 – especially some guy named Chris, who really seemed a tad put out.

#44     Sep 19, 2005
  5. tampa

tampa

Things just keep going down hill – in spite of my best efforts.

Yesterday was our anniversary, so I knocked myself out, trying to be nice to the wife. I figured a romantic dinner would be a good start, and knowing how much she likes seafood, I made all the arrangements.

For the first time in twenty-three years, the wife seemed happy – she bought a new dress, got her hair done up, even painted her toenails! On the drive to the restaurant, I did my best to make some small talk. “The market looks poised for a big move”, I began. It was met with dead silence. “I hear that Woodie has a book in the works. I’ll bet it sells like hotcakes” Again, silence.

It was just about then that we pulled into the Long John Silver parking lot, but instead of a squeal of delight, she shot me one of those “if looks could kill” kind of looks. Inside, I ordered fish and chips for both of us, and then presented her with what I thought was the perfect gift for the occasion – an Erlich Cycle Finder. Apparently she did not agree. She starts crying hysterically, then she jumped up on her chair, begins cursing, at the top of her lungs, and throwing the salt and pepper shakers at me.

Well the manager called the police, and I spent the next six hours down at the stationhouse trying to bail out my little Love Muffin. To make matters worse, she refused, saying she’d rather spend the night in jail!.

To make matters even worse, the Erlich Cycle Finder got lost in all the commotion. Man, it was one really bad day…

#45     Sep 21, 2005
  6. tampa

tampa

In spite of the less than enthusiastic reception this journal has received, and the open scoffing my trading method has garnered, I am pleased to report that I have now experienced my third consecutive day of profitable trading.

My market of choice remains the Euro futures, using elements of Murray Math, combined with trade triggers based on proprietary Lunar cycle calculations. So far this week, the system has returned 17 ticks in 29 round turn trades.

As of tomorrow, I will begin trading two contracts, and will add one after every third day of winning trades.

I will consider divulging further details of the system to sincere interested parties.

#46     Sep 22, 2005
  7. tampa

tampa

I received a PM from zork requesting more information on the measurements I use in calculating my trade triggers. Since I want to be as open and helpful as possible (without divulging the exact formula), I am posting my answer publicly.

Moon
    Semimajor axis (106 km) 0.3844
    Perigee (106 km) 0.3633
    Apogee (106 km) 0.4055
    Revolution period (days) 27.3217
    Synodic period (days) 29.53
    Mean orbital velocity (km/s) 1.023
    Max. orbital velocity (km/s) 1.076
    Min. orbital velocity (km/s) 0.964
    Orbit inclination (deg) 5.145
    Orbit eccentricity 0.0549
    Sidereal rotation period (hrs) 655.728
    Equatorial inclination (deg) 6.68
    Recession rate from Earth (cm/yr) 3.8

Mean values at opposition from Earth
    Distance from Earth (km) 384,467
    Apparent diameter (seconds of arc) 1864.2
    Apparent visual magnitude -12.74

I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any additional questions that you may have.

#47     Sep 22, 2005
  8. How much fuel does a long trade require?

Do you need clearance from NASA or FAA before launching (longs only)?

Thank you
    Steve

#48     Sep 22, 2005
  9. tampa

tampa

...oh that was so funny, I forgot to laugh.

It is easy to see why you are less than a successful trader - and no doubt less than successful in life.

Mock my method if it makes you feel better about yourself, but my results cannot be denied.

#49     Sep 22, 2005
  10. Actually I was not mocking.

"Less than successful"?

Since we do not know each other, you would have no data on which to base your assumptions.

I took you seriously (for the moment).

Even the part about orbital velocity :D

Have you accounted for atmospheric shear during launch, I mean when putting on a trade?

You see, if YOU were serious, you would understand that my question is meant to prompt you to display your skill. To inform me and other as to the context of your setup. How is it that orbital velocity is required to put on a trade? I am trained as an engineer. I have some experience in the aerospace industry. Go right ahead and illuminate us all. How is it that it requires rocket science to put on a trade in the euro?

Do you keep your launch codes in a safe?

Steve:cool:

#50     Sep 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.