tampa's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tampa

tampa

”the wife” continues to be a problem. Exhibiting a total lack of faith in my ability to master the markets, she has done various things over the years to hinder me – erased my hard drive, shot out my monitors, canceled my internet service, and once she even shimmied up the telephone poll and cut the wires just as trade was beginning for the day.

At least she has been supportive in my new job at the Shop-N-Go – of course she is of the impression that I am working to pay for a hair weave – it could be a problem when she discovers the real intent.

I suppose other traders go through the same difficulties – it’s all just part of the game. But deep down inside I know, I just know that it won’t be long now – and everything will be better. You just wait and see…

#31     Sep 14, 2005
  2. is this real or you just being sarcastic ?

if it was real, I'd say f off to the wife and move out.

Money > Hos

Bros > Hos

If my girl said one thing to put my work down, I'd tear her down mentally.

How dare she,
    One who does not do should not prevent the person doing.

:D

#32     Sep 14, 2005

3. This sounds terribly familiar with the gambler's bad habit of going to the pawn shop to feed his addiction...:p

#33     Sep 14, 2005
  4. a hair weave can take several hours

#34     Sep 14, 2005
  5. Although I've noticed you blown up 20 times?

Whats up with that?

Thats not right.

I hope your next time would be 360 opposite of what you did the previous 20 times.

#35     Sep 14, 2005
  6. tampa

tampa

I’m afraid that it is true – every word. ”the wife” has been a problem almost from the first day I started to trade. In fact, the trouble actually started on our honeymoon. I took her to the annual Market Technicians Association conference in Boca Raton – there were a number of fascinating presentations, but all she did was cry. When we got back, she complained so much to her mother, that the old bat kneed me in my privates, and began to choke me!

While I’m glad to hear that you personally do not have issues at home, I think that you will find that most of us on Elite Trader do.

#36     Sep 14, 2005
  7. If Electric took me to a traders conference on our honeymoon, I would slap him.

Wifey

#37     Sep 14, 2005
  8. tampa

tampa

It was the best of days – it was the worst.

The car wash down at the Shop-N-Go parking lot went well. My share of the proceeds, plus my paycheck, gave me all but $4.28 of the cash I needed to reactivate my trading account. So I did what any trader would do – I waited until the wife was busy, and started to check under the cushions for loose change, right?

Well, right in the middle of my search, guess who appears in the doorway? It was ”the wife”… So she let’s out this big screech, and screams: “What are you doing?”

“Nothing, my little Love Muffin…” I began.

“You’re looking for money so you can start trading again, aren’t you?”, she said cutting my plea off in mid-sentence.

With that she lunged at me. I jumped over the coffee table, avoiding her initial attack. But at that point she grabbed the urn from the mantle – the one containing my dearly departed Grandmother’s ashes – and flung it across the room, just missing my head.

As I dashed down the hall, toward the front door, she tackled me from behind, began to choke me, and bang my head against the floor.

So here I sit in the Emergency Room – with a concussion, two broken ribs, and various lacerations – still $4.28 shy of my goal.

But all is not lost – I’ve just about talked one of the orderlies into loaning me a five-spot. I’ll let you know how it turns out…

#38     Sep 17, 2005
  9. tampa

tampa

10. tampa

tampa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.