tampa's journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by tampa, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks Tampa for your truly incredible insights. Would you divulge any planetary alignments currently attracting your truly phenomenal attention? :)

I am a big fan of the sci-fi channel...you? Hey they need a financial spot...

Michael B.

#11     Sep 8, 2005
  2. tampa

tampa

I do not work with planetary alignments, nor seriously answer posts like yours.

#12     Sep 8, 2005
  3. Babak

Babak

tampa,

I don't know why you bother with all that silly stuff when we all know that Jack is giving away the keys to the vault. I suggest you read everything he's ever written on the net about trading (going back to the commodore 64 days) and then set yourself up for some serious SCT high velocity.

btw you might want to pick out your new yacht now to save hassles later.

#13     Sep 8, 2005
  4. tampa

tampa

Despite the rude remarks posted above, I resumed live trading this morning. The board's know-it-alls will no doubt have little good to say, but the results can be found at...

http://www.bloglassiter.com/journal_7.htm

#14     Sep 8, 2005
  5. tampa

tampa

Need I mention that the wife has been less than enthusiastic with my return to live trading?

She still refuses to cook, or do my laundry. When we pass in the hall, she shoves me aside and grunts. The night before last, I tried to explain my new market strategy to her – she assumed the fetal position, and rocked back forth while openly sobbing.

I don’t know how other traders deal with a less than supportive spouse, but I would welcome any suggestions you might offer.

I feel certain that my trades today might have been more successful (though who can argue with being up two ticks in the Euro market?), had I not had to deal with the constant banging on my office door. If I had not placed the bookcase against the entry, I’m sure that she would have been able to come in and disrupt my concentration even more.

But perhaps another day or two like today will assure my little love muffin that I really do have the market figured out this time…

#15     Sep 8, 2005
  6. LMeyers

LMeyers

I would sell her - and short one more.

:D :D :D

#16     Sep 8, 2005
  7. Brother tampa

You were missed...

Candle

#17     Sep 8, 2005
  8. tampa

tampa

Am I the only one who has noticed the imbalance between the Indian Rupee and the US Dollar? I am surprised not to have seen more chatter on the board on this sure fire profit making play.

But things on the home front remain tense, even though I bagged two ticks in a difficult Euro market. The wife has taught one of the cats to climb up to the sill outside of my office window, and hiss at me – it so unnerved me that I accidentally bought 3 November calls in Beans, when I meant to buy puts. Fortunately, I saw the miscue, and was able to get out down only a point and a quarter.

My work on the relationship of the moon and the Euro is most encouraging – so much so that I may write an article to submit to various trade publications. But I must excuse myself now, to prepare for the open – more later…

#18     Sep 8, 2005
  9. tampa

tampa

#19     Sep 8, 2005
  10. tampa

tampa

#20     Sep 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.