Tampa florida. What is the trading environment like?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by gimp570, Sep 15, 2003.

1. gimp570

gimp570

I was just wondering if there were any Trading firms left in the Tampa area? I moved out of FL a while ago, but do plan to return in the future. I wanted to know what firms are there and everyones experiences/opinions of them. Is there many traders in the area? Or is it better to just find a firm and trade remote? I would really like to be back in a office again around other good traders. (sharing info and ideas) Any info that anyone would provide would be greatly appreciated.

M

2. fan27

fan27

I live and trade in Tampa (retail). the only thing I know about firms is that an acquaintance of mine traded out at Sunstate. He suckered this woman he was living with into opening a trading account ($20,000.00) in his name. He blew up trading 10,000 share lots of Sky Works (SWKS). I believe there was less than $5,000.00 when it was all said and done.

Other than that, I don't personally know any traders in the Tampa area.

3. Ebo

Ebo

and this is value added to this forum?

4. zangari3

zangari3

There are a few firms in Tampa. There is Sunstate, WorldCo and Navillus. Just to name a few. I don't know much about them though. I think there a quite a few traders in the area. I am not sure were everyone from Protrader went after they closed. Good luck with your search.

Z

5. In Orlando, Fl. is the headquarters for XoomTrade. We have a trading room that's open for active traders.

Visit www.xoomtrade.com for more information on our company, trading platforms, fees, and more!

6. Gimp

I deleted the duplicate thread in the 'hook up' forum as it was the same question as this thread. This post should bump this thread back up to the top.

PS. I made the mistake of thinking that both threads were in the 'hook up' forum. I didn't realize that this was in a different forum and you may have wanted to attract more people. Feel free to post again in the 'hook up' forum. Sorry.

7. NMG

NMG

Generic Trading has an office in Tampa as well as many other locations in Florida. They also offer a remote trading system.

Alex

8. gimp570

gimp570

Does anyone know were the Generic office is? And who to talk to about possibly trading in there office.

M

9. gimp570

gimp570

I am moving back next month. Are there any offices in the area? How about any Traders? I know most of the offices closed. I would love to hook up with any traders left in the area.

Thanks

10. Can one of you guys who've lived year 'round in Florida tell me what I should expect in terms of power outages and other problems related to storms where one is forced to shut down or evacuate? How often do you experience thunderstorms that prevents you from trading? How about reliability of fast internet under such conditions?

I'm thinking of relocating somewhere to the gulf side but am concerned on this issue.

I'm most of the time in SF area of Calif and weather here is fairly predictable.

Thanks for your input!

#10     Jun 11, 2004