talking suicide at BSC yahoo boards

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bat1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. I agree. I was a yahoo aficionado, there is only about 5 personalities on mb posters. I was pretty adept at sorting them out. One of my favorite though was this one fellow I'd been following, pops up on a board asking questions. All the questions were booyah, lets buy this and "any reasons not too". I'm totally fake out, this particular stock was a pos, I knew it, and from what I've read of him, I got confused.

Make a long story short. I bought it anyways, it dropped, dropped somemore, I figure wtf. Then, I sold and went short. I knew what he was doing. You cannot go on a board and tell anyone your going short, people rag on you. So what he did was, feed into the longs, looking for confirmation of his dd, he was a short all along.

You just can't be a short on a mb and have civil discourse.

#21     Mar 17, 2008
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Yahoo boards are very useful for further confirming if pro pumpers (i.e. acting for the money behind the pump) are operating in a stock and by inference whether they are accumulating or distributing. After a while you get a feel for who is a pro pumper and who is just sad.

SPY board has some quite good commentary without the dross on the QQQQ board. GS was good when the storm broke, now it's just true believers. The good posters seem to move around as themes move around so you have to go to the boards of stocks that are 'theme' stocks.

#22     Mar 17, 2008