Talking chatroom option?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Pekelo, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

In the chatroom today the idea of live talk came up, because it is easier to talk then type. Not everybody at the same time, just one person. Here is my idea how it would work.

Only one person has microphone access, the one who opens the room. He can talk and everybody else can listen to the audio. The rest can ask questions by typing. I don't think we would need more than 2-3 such rooms, so it wouldn't take up much resources.

To prevent idiots taking away the "miked rooms", moderators could give access to these special rooms to open, meaning the person who wants to start such a room has to have good standing in the ET community.

Just an idea.

P.S.: Where are all those promised NEW features for this year? This could be one...

2. The only way one person can be designated as the one that talk while every one else listens...

Your actually suggesting someone be a head trader, guru et cetera.

Just via the nature of ET such a person will eventually be asked to show verified trading records to merit someone holding such a position at ET.

Therefore, the issue isn't really someone in good standing.

The issue will ultimately come down to one thing...

Does he/she trade and can he/she prove it to merit being the one that's allowed to speak about the markets when others are not.

By the way, have you checked out the free rooms online already doing such to see the difficulties involved?

Mark

3. It would turn the chat into more of a moderation headache :(

Good idea, just too many folks on ET who would..... "go a little wild"

and Nihaba is right on.

4. a few short years from now this will be the norm so get used to it old timer :D

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from NihabaAshi:

The only way one person can be designated as the one that talk while every one else listens...

That's exactly what I said.

Your actually suggesting someone be a head trader, guru et cetera.

Not necessery. let's say someone wants to explain a complicated set up for the rest, it is much easier by talking than typing.

Just via the nature of ET such a person will eventually be asked to show verified trading records

Why? If he makes good calls, people listen, if he doesn't he is alone in the room.

By the way, have you checked out the free rooms online already doing such to see the difficulties involved?

With today's technology, it isn't that difficult. My advise was to use Skype where 4 people can talk in conference or the still free Business version where up to 25 people can be in the same room.

But the whole point was that there is no need to be heard for the rest of the room, just for 1 person.

Anyway, since it looks like there isn't much interest for the idea, the original Skype with 4 people conferencing would do it...

6. If you need more room, PalTalk could work for free or little money. Just an idea.