Talking about NETFLIX - NFLX, AAPL, GOOG - My opinions and Yours

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by shotse, Oct 25, 2011.

1. shotse

shotse

looking for someone to talk about this with. opinions would be appreciated! im studying Netflix right now and as a person who is starting to conform into watching movies online instead of tuning into my tv im beginning to notice that NFLX would make my life easier and a little less expensive if i subscribed to their service for tv shows and movies. honestly looking at netflix i begin to wonder why people still pay for cable tv bills, maybe just for the internet im thinking, but as more and more people acquire internet services the use of internet entertainment like netflix and apple tv is going to be in great use. i tried apple tv before and it was simple and easy because it was all integrated into all my apple products. netflix is going to have to step it up if they are going to compete with apple tv services. i think they are going to step it up, but netflix isnt the only one offering broadcasting and tv services. google is aswel and you can see this first hand on youtubes website about how you can watch movies that are currently in the theater in the comfort of your own home. Its a pretty interesting topic to bring up. which internet giant will dominate the tv broadcasting world in the future? Apple, Netflix, or Google? I wonder......

2. shotse

shotse

back to product integration. I remember my brother talking to me a while ago when he was a big fan of Sony products. He said he only bought Sony products for one reason, because they connect and work with each other rather than against each other. That was the main reason why he was such a big Sony products fan. Product integration is key to making life easier, simpler, and a little more useful.

3. I have Dish network but I use my netflix streaming videos all the time(through my wii) There are alot of pay channels out there like HBO and Showtime that want to charge $12 per month, but with netflix I only pay $7.99 per month and get pretty much any movie that already plays on those channels. I also love NFLX because I can watch movies or TV shows on my iphone. $7.99 is a pretty good deal and most people spend that anyway on extra channels. There still isnt enough content that I would get rid of my Dish, but I still like Netflix. I would prefer that they make it easier to navigate searching for movies. They claim 17,000 streaming movies, but they only show you about 75 per category so unless you know the name of the video, you cant really just browse what to watch.