Talking about a "Sucker's Rally"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 13, 2008.

1. What you say makes a lot of sense but there's always the story of the arrogant market mover with too much confidence. In this case, it's the gov't and the "bull rally". The market may teach the gov't a few things.

On a side note,

when Paulson leaves (mister gs and ws expertise/connection)

and Bush (mister oil and cheney mister big business)

they'll leave a void of experience that Obama is not going to replace.

#81     Dec 8, 2008
  2. RFT wants to know how I make money?

NOT calling micro tops and bottoms.

The majority of my positions are BULLISH or BEARISH with macro trends from the indexes.

I may hedge or take contract positions either way along the way. . .but trust and believe well within reason I target the MACRO Tops and Bottoms.

Now go spank your bottom you feeder, lol.

Many that <i>think</i> they know it all do not understand that the bullish MACRO phase may not be "confirmed" as having bottomed until a couple of hundred points higher!

Cashing out of LONGS and going SHORT before a 500 point dump from the ES (increasing contracts along the way and riding the volatility w/ some option hedges) will make BUCKU BUCKS, unlike the "scalp" trades RFT is so proud of.

Now if we TRULY have bottomed - which only the market can tell us - there will be a nice rally to phase into/increase contracts with.

Go figure!

#82     Dec 8, 2008
  3. .

February 11, 2009

SouthAmerica: Let's test the Dow Jones 7,000 level.

#83     Feb 10, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Will be there shortly, dont believe the bulls who think this recession will be short lived, this recession is just starting.

Bull is on vacation, wont be back for quite sometime.

#84     Feb 11, 2009
  5. dsq

dsq

While all the above is true of capitalism it is not true of free market capitalism.Freemarket nonsense is an an unchecked orgy that breeds the worst in greed and criminal theft(enron,madoff,country wide,ARMs,mortgage fraud).
    Unregulated,freemarkets of the last 10yrs have raped and undermined more than 60 years of success.

#85     Feb 11, 2009
  6. Is this what is left of the Republican Party these days???
    Waxing fondly over one of the most INCOMPETENT Presidential Administrations of the Modern Era?

An Administration that "back-stopped" Bear Stearns and gave AIG ( non-bank ) $145 BILLION dollars of taxpayers money? How is that FREE MARKET capitalism???

Hey Mercor, I wonder where you would "fit" the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 into all of this FREE MARKET capitalism that you are so fond of. Please feel free to answer that.

You are too funny!
    Keep drinking all that Kudlow Kool-Aid man.
    Thanks for the laugh, dude.
    :D

#86     Feb 11, 2009
  7. .

February 12, 2009

SouthAmerica: Now that this thread has been moved to the chit chat forum that might prevent the market from testing the Dow Jones 7,000 level.

#87     Feb 11, 2009