Talking about a "Sucker's Rally"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SouthAmerica, Nov 13, 2008.

1. so the recession is over ? HAHAHAHAHA

#41     Nov 13, 2008
  2. GTS

GTS

GTS: None of my credit lines have been reduced/canceled. In fact Amex increased my credit line a couple months ago unsolicited. I guess I must be special.

I'm spending as much as I always do and I'm looking forward to shopping the predicted bargains this Christmas caused by folks who apparently weren't prepared for this downturn - folks like you.

Maybe you need to find new friends? Sounds like you hang around with a lot of losers.

#42     Nov 13, 2008
  3. You moron don't get it. Did you look at the example from 1974 at all? The SP500 rallied 45% 8 months before the recession was over. In fact, it bottomed before the economy bottomed.

WELCOME TO THE STOCK MARKET, PIKER!

You don't need a recession to be officially over for price to make a 20, 30 or 40% move from the lows.

Even if the SP500 rallies an incredible 50% from its 52w intraday lows that would just move it back to its 200 day moving average around 1250. We'd still be in a technical downtrend.

#43     Nov 13, 2008
  4. retard, we're probably 1 MONTH into a multi-year recession, I KNOW the stock market always looks ahead, are you telling me that this is the end of the bear ? and today was in fact the beg of a new bull....
    Go fuck yourself, you don't know what you're talknig about.
    I was looking for an explanation for Today's rally...not you lecturing me about how the maret bottoms a few month before the real economoy, we know that...and we're YEARS aways from recovery

#44     Nov 13, 2008
  5. einai

einai

I think the correct comparison would be 1929. Then it took 2 years to reach the bottom.

You have to be pretty deluded to think this is a "recession". The US economy is about to be deep-fried. GM is about to go bankrupt.

I worked on the Street at BSC in 1987. That was nothing compared to this.

D

#45     Nov 13, 2008
  6. And thats probably why you got fired. You're an idiot.

#46     Nov 13, 2008
  7. You're an amateur trying to rationalize why the market moved the way it did, nothing else. Did I say this is a brand new huge bull market? No. I said you can't rule out the possibility of a big move here.

What you clown said that BECAUSE THIS IS A HUGE RECESSION there is simply no way we can rally 20%, 30% or 40% from here.

Why don't you sell Jan 09 ES 1000 calls short. In size. Go sell 10,000. Post a screenshot.

After all this is a multi year recession right? A rally is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#47     Nov 13, 2008
  8. a 40 % raly in the middle of a recession. If you find ONE historical precedent, please show me.

This is a bear rally, with no future.... I still wanted to dig for hidden news. rumors...

#48     Nov 13, 2008
  9. 1974! See above. Reading comprehension?

#49     Nov 13, 2008
  10. jprad

jprad

One day doesn't make a trend.

Confirmation didn't happen until 2/75 when it took out the 11/74 high.

Don't you think it's prudent to wait and see how the markets digest Obama's first 100 days in office?

#50     Nov 13, 2008