Takion Vs. Fusion

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by GSXRIntensity, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Hi Traders,

I have been a long time user of Takion, but am considering a switch. Does anybody have any feedback from using both? For those who may only have used Fusion what are some of the pros/cons? Thanks in advance.

2. IMO, unless your tied into either of them through a specific prop firm/broker, the off-the-shelf retail stuff (NT, Multicharts, etc...) is miles ahead, especially in regards to automated system development and execution.

3. arna

arna

Switch to other prop/broker and you will get much better platforms.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

GSXRIntensity likes this.
  5. Wilt

Wilt

I liked Lightspeed Trader, but it has a very fatal flaw. If you have a dialog box open to change an order and the existing order gets filled, Lightspeed Trader places duplicate orders. I have been waiting to cover and debating whether to adjust my price, then BING BING I'm instantly long. This is a fact and it happens every time. I brought it up to customer service, they examined my logs and said I placed the order. That's not true. I can't make a new order in fractions of a second. Because they say I placed two orders in less than a second, they say there's nothing to fix. Use Sterling Trader. When you go to change an order, if it gets filled, it doesn't yank the dialog box and place another order. I'm posting this here Robert so that maybe you can get it fixed. It's a very dangerous flaw and it's 100% repeatable.

Wilt

GSXRIntensity likes this.
  6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Wilt,

I have not heard that issue from any of my clients. I will report it. Can you email me (Not PM) your name, account#, LST ID? I will report this to the developers.

Bob

Alpha Trader likes this.
  7. arna

arna

Wilt are you talking about demo oraz real accounts?
    Never happen sonething like that on real. On demo -sure. Where you place there you get filled.

Robert - I know that all trader get different needs. But I guess he is trading with WTS because it is their platform. Like Prosper pro im Swift trade/dtw. I used all of them , so knew the difference.

For years with Sterling. Like it but there is tons of functions that should be added.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I assume most equity traders that choose to trade with a prop firm, do that for their leverage on small accounts, not the software.

9. Wilt

Wilt

It was on a real account, probably got burned by it at least 5-10 times. I learned to not let that dialog box be up when I'm close to a fill.

10. Wilt

Wilt

Bob,

I could if it would be fruitful, but I have no recent instances where you can look at it. The only way I can see that you find it in my history is to search for duplicate orders that occurred in less than a second. This happened more frequently when I was a new customer because I learned to avoid changing orders when I'm close to a fill. If you can search for that, then you can find instances. However, I brought it to the developers when it occurred and they said according to the log, I placed the order. I don't know how they can can come to that conclusion when it's a manual order. Even if it were ready, it would take longer to hear the fill and click through a new order confirmation than it took for those two fills to occur. Plus, why would I want to get long when I'm getting filled on the way down? The easiest way to see this flaw is to replicate it yourself. It happens every time you have a change dialog box open when your limit order is filled.

Wilt

#10     Oct 7, 2017