Taking your trading on the road

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hefty1, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Duals are nice, but I've traded for weeks with the Itronix as my only machine; running execution and bloomberg on it. It's certainly not ideal, but worked well on vacation.

#11     Jan 29, 2006
  2. hefty1

hefty1

the monitor is practically a space heater.

Some sharp eyes, ARB, u work for the cia on the side? :)

The script is actually roids, not the bulk up kind. As for the heineken...they are just dam good:)

#12     Jan 29, 2006
  3. hefty1

hefty1

This morning esig was slow by about 7 secs... my bandwidth was testing fast so i think it was on their side. It has since cleared up.

My execution system wigged out on me. I'm having support check the keylog to see if it was my keybrd or some obscure setts i may have used setting up hammer. I sent a mkt order for 300 to tick up and saw 9 orders go up for 1800 in all. i was able to cancel out of half and luckily the $osx was with me. Kinda made me gun shy now.

I replaced the batts in the keybrd. seems to have cleared up but i notice a slight lag. anybody use a bluetooth krybrd experience this?

all in all cant believe how forunate i have been today despite these issues. eventually ill work out the kinks. better lucky than good. think i will bank my gains and go buy wifey her birthday gift

#13     Jan 30, 2006
  4. Hefty-

I kind of like Maison 140. Been there several times. Hang out in the dark little bar and almost guaranteed some celebs will pass you by, or at least some tight little bodied women looking to become a celeb :p

You could always pony up 4x the price and move to the Peninsula accross the street.
    http://beverlyhills.peninsula.com/

If you are trading with Hammer, are you with Assent? If that's the case why don't you just go into the Westwood office only 10 mins away (1 hour w/traffic.....keep the beer and scripts handy). I'm sure they could set you up with some desk space and multiple monitors.

I prefer to travel light with just a 14" laptop. Certainly not as comfortable as the normal multiple monitor set-up, but you're not gonna find me lugging around a monitor on vacation.

Enjoy SoCal....If you need some recs for places to eat or things to do, shoot me a PM. I used to live in Santa Monica.

Cheers!

#14     Jan 30, 2006
  5. hefty1

hefty1

Ahh, Panama City, the redneck Riviera this time. 2nd and last day of trading this trip. Weather's great and mkt's cooperating. I could get used to this. No technical issues so far. Happy Memorial day.

#15     May 26, 2006
  6. hefty1

hefty1

Panama City set up.

#16     May 26, 2006
  7. Hefty -- to lazy to read the previous threads -- is that redsky?

Edit: disregard. see that it's hammer.

#17     May 26, 2006
  8. hefty1

hefty1

Disregarded, Riskarb. :confused:

#18     May 26, 2006
  9. Was referring to the platform. I see mention of "Hammer" from Assent. At first glance it resembled redsky.

#19     May 26, 2006
  10. hefty,

I am going a international travel (vacation) for 6 weeks. I want to bring my Dell 2405 with me as well.

The problem is that I have hard time to find a carry on box to meet the size requirement (45" h+w+l). Did you try to pack your 24" in a carry on? I am not comfortable to pack the monitor in a check in box though.

#20     May 27, 2006