taking the money and running

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by loza, Dec 22, 2005.

1. I don't think your 150,000 will last very long in Shanghai , Hong Kong or New Zealand.

#11     Dec 22, 2005
  2. Greziano

Greziano

In eastern Europe, your 150k$ may be a big fortune. Just don't go to countries that joined EU. You may settle in Yugoslavia. Very cheap :D

#12     Dec 22, 2005
  3. wow. elite trader has reached a new low

#13     Dec 22, 2005
  4. 150k...then what happens when you run out? How long you think 15k will last in thailand...if you live dirt cheap in cockroach infested rooms, that 150k should last you 30 years...If you want to live by middle income western standards that 150k might last 10 years considering you are not getting bargirls everyday and drinking yourself into a coma. Or that your thai wife doesnt steal your money the first year you are married to her. There is so much you can do legally with 150k line of credit why steal it and run? pull out 75k open an account with 25k, live off the other 25k and make payments with the other 25k until you are profitable and can pay it back. At 12% interest on your line of credit you could last 2 years 9 months....if you blow up, you got another 75k to work with. Seriously...150k is not something you can retire on. Unless you want to live like a dirt poor person the rest of your life in the slums of thailand.

#14     Dec 23, 2005

5. sad, but true:(

if i had to comment, i would agree with the 25k,25k,75k "plan" if you will. Then again, if you are leaving my assumption is that you can't trade profitably.

#15     Dec 23, 2005
  6. Shazbatz

Shazbatz

Yugoslavia sounds like a good plan. Cheap food and hot ass chicks. Cant beat it :)

I hear in Croatia you can open a trading account and pay no taxes for trading US markets. Some loophole I guess. Maybe use someone elses name on the account.

#16     Dec 23, 2005
  7. kotika

kotika

You dont need to go anywhere if you just take your line of credit and run. I suggest upstate NY as a place to live, it is as poor as Thailand, and is also very, very cheap. I doubt they will even find you there, but if and when the debt collectors come just tell them you went to Atlantic city and lost it all. nothing they can do. just make sure you file for bankruptcy, and wait a couple of years before you deposit your money to the bank again.

#17     Dec 23, 2005
  8. CONR

CONR

No wonder they reformed the BK laws.

#18     Dec 23, 2005
  9. There really is nowhere to hide from the IRS .... they will find you or your heirs .... there is no statute of limitations on Tax debts .....

#19     Dec 23, 2005
  10. I have learned that savings in an IRA (traditional and/or Roth) are "untouchable" by the government. By untouchable, I mean if you are sued or file bankruptcy that the money deposited in your IRA cannot be removed. I am not sure how deep this goes...

and i'm not quite sure how you would use this in your little scheme.

RT

#20     Dec 23, 2005