taking heat

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by sporky, Jun 10, 2008.

1. I'm glad Bighog took the time to post to the thread, as his actions illustrate exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to discipline.

He was blathering on the ES Journal, not paying attention to his charts and expressed regret not once, not twice, but three times that he wished he had caught the upmove.
    bighog Cries Over Spilt Milk

So you see, if you are an undisciplined trader, you'll never even have to worry about taking heat, because you'll never be there for your setups when they happen. :eek: :D

Ah, always a pleasure talking with the goofballs on ET. :p

Have a nice weekend now.

#21     Jun 14, 2008
  2. sporky

sporky

you're not the first in this thread to post along these lines...(good point about being disciplined)

But this thread is not about being disciplined.

It's about sharing how we sit through heat after setups get us in. iow, what we do to ride it through, mentally, physically, whatever

sheesh! y do ppl have to jump to conclusions?!

if you just want to be critical, deride, feel superior or whatever silly thing floats your boat go to some other thread and do it there. better yet, make your own thread

#22     Jun 14, 2008
  3. Your question has been Asked and Answered, goofball #2

BTW, if you really want some to tell you exactly how they trade to help you along with your baby steps, think again.

#23     Jun 14, 2008
  4. sporky

sporky

do you feel superior now?!

#24     Jun 14, 2008
  5. Nah, it actually was just a guess ... but thanks for the confirmation! :p

Ciao

#25     Jun 14, 2008
  6. sporky

sporky

now you can feel clever. congratulations <sigh>

#26     Jun 14, 2008
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

110 here in Tucson, but I have A/C, and my accounts are up...WTF, it's these four 19" monitors :D

#27     Jun 17, 2008
  8. If I take heat on position trades, I engage the active trading account and play hedges around the position taking heat, till no heat.

:)

#28     Jun 17, 2008