Taking Apple (AAPL) short

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chaosclarity, Oct 9, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

You would think on the iphone news that apple would be up another $25 but I guess not, guess they will rally the shares tomorrow after the close when they announce....probably close above $475 by Wednesday evening.

#51     Oct 17, 2011
  2. lwlee

lwlee

Don't know about that but Apple is carrying Nasdaq today. Up 424.45. Hit 426 premarket. It wants to pop higher but overall market is a drag.

#52     Oct 17, 2011
  3. lwlee

lwlee

Apple's halo effect, even SIRI is up today. :D :D :D

#53     Oct 17, 2011
  4. Archin

Archin

Nice call!!! Only a few people really understand your logic.

#54     Oct 17, 2011
  5. You/he are down 55 from the short call at 370. What's to understand? Don't short stocks while on anti-psychotic meds.

#55     Oct 17, 2011
  6. Archin

Archin

I was being sarcastic, you fool

#56     Oct 17, 2011
  7. ESL alert.

#57     Oct 17, 2011
  8. Archin

Archin

apple whipsaw niw

#58     Oct 17, 2011
  9. Redneck

does AAPL typically fill gaps? What do you base that opinion on - just reviewing chart?? If so, then I want to add some itm puts.

The problem with gaps if they do not fill immediately or next day, you don't know for sure -- when--! For example will AAPL first hit 450 and then fill gap. Moreover just because earnings are stellar does not mean it is not priced in and "that it could thus be sold; even if later in Q it rallies a lot higher.

I said in my earlier post that we might trade down to 415. I was pretty close. Actually took profits on 425 call and converted into a bear call spread Oct 440/435 -- then bought back 425c lower. Don't like to play earnings. Never did it much over past 20 years. Rather wait until after and then see what's going on.

#59     Oct 17, 2011
  10. Redneck

Redneck

IM1

Yes I based my observation – that all but one gap has been filled – from its chart

My opinion means crap – I don’t know if or when it/ they will close

But Friday's gap is suspect to me

=========================================

You are correct about gaps filling

=========================================

I’m not gonna sit here and BS you

Could it go higher – yes
    Could it go lower – yes
    Could it go in a range – yes

I don’t know, nor will I speculate… I simply shared an observation Sir

RN

#60     Oct 17, 2011