Taking Apple (AAPL) short

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by chaosclarity, Oct 9, 2011.

1. ammo

ammo

aapl may have been a darling,but einstien is no longer with them,aapl and goog are easy tools for pushing the mrkt higher if the manipulators exist,and the manipulators love to build short positions at the top,pop the stops and drop it

#41     Oct 16, 2011
  2. ammo

ammo

aapl.. is 422 a double top?

#42     Oct 16, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

the manipulator is the FED under the direction of ............

#43     Oct 16, 2011

4. you're right - that is the Q. By classic definition a double top (reversal) must be confirmed, simply trading to similar price levels does not constitute a double top. One thing about the potential DT pattern is reasonable symmetry between each high (top?).

What I see as more compelling for AAPL to be down Monday, by close
    - - - is the unresolved gap; it is 'possible' AAPL will see 408-410 or likely trade back down to 415; not closing the gap; however I do not purport to be an expert on this stock. If it were November would be comfortable in playing it to trend higher for a while; but I just have a hunch that it will see lower prices first. That said I also would not be 'surprised' to see it >435-440.

I always like to ask myself: "what direction would surprise most?" Further with expiry on Friday - O/I may give a clue as to what levels we see later in week so far as pinning. If you recall it was pinned to 370 on the 7th. I have not looked at OI yet, but plan on doing so.

#44     Oct 16, 2011
  5. ammo

ammo

earnings tue

#45     Oct 16, 2011
  6. I wouldn't be a buyer of AAPL shares here, but they do 42% ROE and have nearly $100B in cash and trading at 12x projected 2012 number. Think >$500 in 2012 if they just meet expectations and trade 16x.

FWIW, Jobs nearly killed the iPod project. I think a lot of their success was despite the influence of Jobs. He was THE big picture guy (buying Lucas' animation and mac -> unix) but not necessarily a great product guy. The guy couldn't write a spreadsheet macro and had nothing to do on the engineering side.

Does anyone really think this is a long-term sell with a 4G LTE dual-core iPhone 5 coming to market in 2012? hahahahahaha.

Also, Cook is the guy responsible for the Apple stores.

#46     Oct 16, 2011
  7. Archin

Archin

lol, too funny. that show terminator: scc was really good too before they took it off the air. shame

#47     Oct 17, 2011
  8. Redneck

Redneck

I don’t trade AAPL, but here are some observations

Friday was a gap up – amateur gap imo (ie meant to sucker amateurs in)

And another one three days earlier, and a third one a day prior to that

AAPL has a history of filling gaps – I believe all but one has been

Tue is earnings…, anyone think they are going to be anything other than stellar

Should go up after that – so many probably think…

I think the “powers that be” may have a different agenda – at least near term

But then what do I know – except that what most expect to happen - rarely does

RN

#48     Oct 17, 2011
  9. lwlee

lwlee

#49     Oct 17, 2011
  10. lwlee

lwlee

#50     Oct 17, 2011