taking £34.93 to £1m by 2011

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ropey b, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ropey b

ropey b

I have just started trading and after punching a few numbers into my calculator I reckon I can easily become a millionaire by 2011. I already have £34.93.

My edge:

I feel lucky

Open positions at start of thread:

long bb. 54.0
    long qq. 194.5
    short gmg 270.29

2. ropey b

ropey b

25th - closed GMG 250.09, profit 10.10 - it went down

25h - sold MRW at 264.2 - needed a hedge for my long positions was looking at retail sector and this one jumped out - hoping for bad news soon

and doubled stake in BB. - was only v. small stake anyway and want to increase exposure to banking sector

account balance on 28th - 42.13

sorry for late update (to all 33 of you who have viewed the thread) as have been very busy deciding which italian sports car to buy when I hit the 1m mark

3. You better hurry, bc it takes at LEAST 2 years to pick out a car! LMAO

4. ropey b

ropey b

today I closed my QQ. long for 197.6 (+3.1p) and my MRW short for 263.9 (+.3p).

looking to spice things up a bit so today I will be shopping for some riskier assets.

I know choosing the right car will be a long and stressful journey but I think with dicipline I can get through it. Of course the real toughie will be when the sunseeker catalogue arrives, but lets not get ahead of ourselver here.

account balance £47.66

5. ropey b

ropey b

cheated a bit and put another £30 cash in today.

new positions:

long cobham 206.3 - they supply bits to the defence industry.
    short lloyds tsb 291.4 - they've got massive mortgage exposure and I think investors may be holding on till next wed when they go ex-div before selling
    short MAB 251.8 - wanted to short pubs and their 'interim managment statement' smacks of desparation
    long cattles 123.3 - they sell loans to scallies.

market timing was poor - I was net short for about an hour and this cost me a couple of quid.