Taking a break, Vacation, or just some time off. Do you take quality time off from

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rabmanducky, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Since it's summer, this is probably the best time to ask the perpetual question of full time traders, do you take time off? I know alot of traders are workoholics and just can't stand taking time off from trading. But do you take vacations or just a few days off a year from trading.

2. Best thing to do is to live 6 months of the year in the northern hemisphere when it is winter and then to fly south to the southern hemisphere when is winter there (here). That way it is always cold outside and it is easier to focus on work.

3. trader3

trader3

Or just live in Southern California where the weather is always beautiful and the market closes at 1 pm, so you can spend the afternoon at the beach. (Only problem is that you have to start at 6:30 am).

To answer your question, I don't take much time off because I actually like to trade and am happy to be doing that part of most days. Since I do live in Southern CA, I have most of the day free to do what I want anyway. Trading until 1 pm and doing what I want the rest of the day feels like vacation to me. If the market was open more hours and more days, I would probably take more vacations.

4. Best thing you can do is take time for yourself and your family once in awhile.

I think if you are a trader at home, set a goal for how much you want to make in a week, if you hit it, take some time off until the following week or slow down some. Odds are you will give some of the profit back and be kicking yourself.

5. Yeah. 4, 2 week trips per year. Usually Mexico in the Winter months and the beach house in the Summer. Been doing this for 4 years now.

6. If you have a family you have already lost in the trading game. Might as well take a permanent vacation from trading.

7. Surdo

Surdo

I take 4 EXOTIC vacations a year, usually near a beach!
    During my travels I usually do not look @ the market every day.

8. Behind every successful trading batchelor, their is a successful......call girl!

9. Can you get it at your door in AKL nowadays?