Taking a Bite Out of the Carnivore Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, May 4, 2024.

1. poopy

poopy

You gut it out (work out).

#21     May 7, 2024
  2. I'd still be interested to know your approximate daily caloric intake, and how it is divided between protein and fat. Ballpark, of course.

#22     May 7, 2024
  3. poopy

poopy

1800-2000 if I don't eat out.

I don't generally count calories, only macros. Protein >1g/lb of body weight can kick you out of keto due to gluconeogenesis. My carbs are so low that my macros approach 60/40 (fat).

#23     May 7, 2024
  4. You're a big guy, so at only 2,000 calories you must be on a serious diet. If so, how long do you figure you will remain on it, and then what do you think your caloric and macro breakdown will be afterwards?

#24     May 7, 2024
  5. And, yes, I was wondering about that, which is why I asked, although I didn't know the approximate cutoff point.

Also, in another article I posted recently on protein, the assertion is that far less than 1g/lb of bodyweight is required, and that consuming more than required turns to fat. But, more specifically, "...instead of going straight to adipose tissue like fat typically does, extra protein goes through the liver, where it’s converted to fat through a process called de novo lipogenesis. This type of fat typically pads the organs, he says, and has been linked to an increased risk of metabolic syndrome and heart disease."

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...-america-became-obsessed-with-protein.379414/

Thoughts?

EDIT: I will admit that I have consumed about 1g/lb for years in the past without any apparent negative effects.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
    #25     May 7, 2024