Taking A Bite Out Of BITS

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Bitstream Inc. is a software development company that enables its customers worldwide to render text, browse the Web on wireless devices, select from a collection of fonts online and customize documents over the Internet. Bitstream categorizes its products and technologies into three product lines: fonts and font technology, browsing technology and publishing technology. The Company's wholly owned subsidiaries are Bitstream World Trade, Inc., a holding company for Bitstream, B.V. (a Dutch corporation), Pageflex, Inc. and MyFonts.com, Inc.

Bitstream is by all indications a company on the upswing. For the first time, the company reached profitability in '05. Over the past year, earnings have tripled on 50% sales growth. Net margins and ROE are outstanding and soaring. One key to finding the market's next big winners is to look for rising ROE and margins. BITS margins (18%) and ROE (46%) aren't rising, they have been lifting to the moon over the past 2 years.

Alright we have finally cleared out over $11 resistance with this stock and $16 would seem a logical next step. In order to get there we will have to get through next week's earnings. So if you don't like earnings plays this is not for you... double neg there but the point is I think they will nail it and the stock will mega spike so I'm taking a chance with BITS...

2. Well I guess the thread should have been titled BITS BARFS EARNINGS I took a $10,000 loss on this. Let this be a lesson to you young folk. Investing is serious business and when you get cocky and a correction hits you leave yourself open to something like this. My peeps are saying how great it is to capture a loss finally against all those gains but you know stonedinvestor doesn't see it that way. Trouble eating? Yea. Haven't shaved a few days honey? I haven't? No. And you have been ordering alot of wine on the Internet! I have. Yea.

ps:
    I would never have heard about this stuck if I hadn't been mucking around your bulletin boards you MOTLEY young turks. Bedamn you.