Taking $5K to 25K by the end of the year

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jazzsax, Mar 22, 2008.

1. neke

neke

I thought I had the copyright on this "Taking x to y By date-z" titles
    :)

Wish you a successful year. It is certainly achievable with discipline.

#21     Mar 29, 2008
  2. Why do people consider a loss a mistake? Need to realize that a loss is a loss.. not all trades will be wins.

#22     Mar 29, 2008
  3. toddaroo

toddaroo

Hi jazzsax

I am a Canadian as well and am looking a new broker. Can I ask which broker you are using and your commission schedule?

Good luck with the system
    -Toddaroo

#23     Mar 29, 2008
  4. jazzsax

jazzsax

I agree with what you're saying, except for the fact in the big losses, they were absolutely *stupid* trades. I would have felt much better if I wasn't trading with emotion on those trades. it's way easier to swallow a loss when all the signs point to you to enter a trade and it just doesn't go the right way.

#24     Mar 31, 2008
  5. jazzsax

jazzsax

Well, this account is with TD, using their active trader platform (axis pro, rebranded). It's ok. I've kept with them solely for convenience sake.

Unfortunately commissions are somewhat high, $7 flat per trade. No ECN fees though, which is a bonus. As long as I'm trading large lots, it's not too bad. I've been trying to stick to trading in 1-2K lots in order to keep my cost per share down.

#25     Mar 31, 2008
  6. jazzsax

jazzsax

Thanks. Best of luck to you too.

Immitation is a sincere form of flattery...LOL!

#26     Mar 31, 2008
  7. jazzsax

jazzsax

Monday March 31st

Better day. Waited and watch a bit after the open. Missed a few exits on one set of trades that would have improved the overall numbers, but in general I was more careful about my entries. Can't say I'm too upset. Could have been better, but I'll take what I can get!

traded 6150 shares total, +$219.64 after commissions.

Currently at $5725.82, increase of $725.82 since start of Journal (March 24th).

For the rest of the week I may just post once or twice, so as not to bore people.

#27     Mar 31, 2008
  8. jazzsax

jazzsax

Very strange week, mostly positive, but still strange.

Traded less each day than I usually would, spent more time looking for setups.

Decent trades in general, including some wins in RIMM. Gave a bit back at the end of the week on the.

Holding a large position in a stock over the weekend that I'm hoping takes a jump monday morning. Could payoff well if it makes the move I think it's going to make. Probably breaking my rules here, but I had to run to the Blue Jays home opener yesterday and I didn't want to exit the position! (LOL)

Ending balance at the end of week 2 is $6,163.67, slightly ahead of target. ($500 per week to get to where I want to be at the end of the year).

I suspect I will be trying to trade even less next week than usual. I'm finding the less trades I try to force, the better each of my trades in general is getting. it's helping keep my commissions down as well!

#28     Apr 5, 2008
  9. hey man, good for you. at least you're in the black so far.

be careful with the large positions and don't break your rules anymore if you come off this weekend's trade ok. don't get cocky because it worked once.

#29     Apr 5, 2008
  10. jazzsax

jazzsax

Well, another quiet week. I think I had less than 10 trades this whole week. My hold through last weekend worked out, I had numerous opportunities to exit, but I stayed in most of the week. Picked up what I wanted.

Sitting on two positions now which I plan on holding a few days. It seems my new theme is trade less. If the action is whipsawed and there, I'll go for it if my signals tell me to, but no point in trying to force trades. Also trying to avoid tracking *too* many stocks right now.

End of week balance (USD) - $6,503.10. (after 3 weeks)

Realistically, just barely on pace with the $500/week goal.

Hopefully next week I can pick up a bit more slack room.

#30     Apr 12, 2008