Taking $5K to $250K by year end

Discussion in 'Journals' started by allenhobbs, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungOne

YoungOne

Agreed. By updating us I don't mean posting your trades just your P/L will do. You can post your trades if you wish but the P/L will do all the talking.

#21     Mar 2, 2008

2. how about this..

get a collective2.com account ($95 for six months. you can afford it); get a copy of ninjatrader. Set it up with your IB Account to automatically send your trades to collective2.com live.

Then we can see your track record trade by trade, and additionally you can charge people to subscribe to your live trades.

If your system is so good (even manually) that you can do even 100%/yr (forget 10000%), I think you'll get quite a few subscribers. on the other hand, i'm skeptical considering your attitude about backtesting. But we never know ... the world is different through everyone's eyes.

good luck.

#22     Mar 3, 2008
  3. Liger86

Liger86

Ok, I did a little playing around with my spread sheet and this is what I got.

Lets say you take $5000 and want to turn it into 250 in 140 trading days - you would have to work at 2.85%/day!

I think it's possible in the beginning of your start, right until you get to around 50k, after that you are gonna have to pull a rabbit out of the hat I would say.

Competition even against self can be frustrating, so you could say that you will be nervous during your journey, maybe a little sweat!? :D

I myself wanted to do something like that because I'm just starting out in this trading "thing" but after doing research and even trading for pretend money I loose it (must be those delayed quotes :D ) .

Actually my first trade is gonna take place on March 3rd, so I guess we can race, but I'm gonna start with only $1000 and swing that around for a week, makes me want to start my own thread "Taking $1K to $50K by year end". I tell you what - wanna race me? You go to 250K with 5K while I try to reach 50K with 1K. and we can both update this thread on regular basis.

#23     Mar 3, 2008
  4. sim03

sim03

10 months is ~210 trading days, not 140. About 1.88% / day on average.

#24     Mar 3, 2008
  5. if u can backtest without needing to tweak during testing, you're usually well on your way to a good system.

now backtesting emotions, thats the next tough part

#25     Mar 3, 2008
  6. That is a good idea, I am gonna subscribe , put me on your list

#26     Mar 3, 2008
  7. What broker/platform do you use ?

#27     Mar 3, 2008
  8. sold 31.25 and covered for 1 point.

#28     Mar 3, 2008
  9. I'm liking this thread alot. Even if you dont reach your goal, I cant wait to see how far you can go with 5K because that is exactly how much I started with. Hopefully the results are good enough to motivate and inspire alot of people here.

#29     Mar 3, 2008
  10. DblArrow

DblArrow

neke, I enjoy your thread also - just have to disagree here - it is no more absurd than your taking 105k to 1.2mill in a year; both equate to roughly 2% per day from the start, perhaps easier on the smaller scale.

#30     Mar 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.