Taking $5K to $250K by year end

Discussion in 'Journals' started by allenhobbs, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opm8

opm8

No one believed you could run a 4 min mile, either.

Your only obstacle is yourself. Get over that and you can achieve anything. People will doubt you right up until the point of your success.

opm8

#11     Mar 2, 2008
  2. neke

neke

You might as well say if I return 5% in one day, I have done better than returning 1000% in one year! That type of projection is absurd.

#12     Mar 2, 2008
  3. Good luck.

#13     Mar 2, 2008
  4. Thanks. Luck will definately play role in order to pull this off.

#14     Mar 2, 2008
  5. sim03

sim03

I think that your "might as well" analogy is itself, well, absurd, a faulty reductio ad absurdum argument.

Do you really believe for a moment that returning 1,205% (a 13-fold increase) in 3 months and 408 trades, with both low (7x) leverage and low drawdowns, is remotely similar to "return[ing] 5% in one day"?

My basic point is still that the kind of steep equity curve that someone considers "impossible for anyone" has already been realized, under real-time public scrutiny, over a multi-month period spanning hundreds of trades.

#15     Mar 2, 2008
  6. I can understand why many think it's impossible. The rate of return is astronomical by traditional measures used to benchmark most trading instruments.

#16     Mar 2, 2008
  7. What do you think is a reasonable time? Should I post the entry and the exit together or seperately? Most of my trades either work or don't within 10 minutes of entry. As long as typing here doesn't interfere with managing the trades, I'm game for anything.

#17     Mar 2, 2008
  8. YoungOne

YoungOne

If you could just update us at least once a week or even daily that would be great. I am looking forward to following your journal. Best of luck to you!

#18     Mar 2, 2008
  9. Thanks YoungOne. I'm psyched about this! It's not a problem to post the trades daily within a reasonably small time window. Also, there are people here at ET who will try to undermine anything positive so waiting until EOD or the week for updates isn't a great idea.

#19     Mar 2, 2008
  10. You don't need to bother with posting your trades ... the other day ESClown was posting his trades and some guy came along and tried to talk him out of it. I told to keep holding short and the move went for a 10 bagger. Then I admired him for even bothering, because I know I wouldn't. :cool:
    Post your PnL on a daily or weekly basis and just show everyone how the account is growing, that should be enough.

You either will hit your mark or you wont.

Besides, a lot of your trades will actually meet their fruition anywhere from 2 minutes to 30 seconds, you don't have time to post on a website.

#20     Mar 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.