Taking 5,000 to 100,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MWycliff, May 11, 2011.

1. you mean it let you to take $5000 to $25 ?

#31     May 13, 2011
  2. Yeah :D

funny how that previous guy said that because you have a 1:50 leverage you can make it big if you manage it well.

#32     May 13, 2011
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks Lornz, that's the explanation I was looking for on why so many scalpers are USD trillionnaires ...

#33     May 13, 2011
  4. MWycliff

MWycliff

Gave the trading outline a go around today. Es, 1 contract, +363.

Trades for Today:

[​IMG]

After removing funds from the account to bring it to 5000K, I have decided to post once a week the snapshot of the EOW balance along with a few trades from the trade log.

#34     May 13, 2011
  5. Lornz

Lornz

What? You don't appreciate a good joke?

#35     May 13, 2011
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Sorry, missed the joke as I have read such posts before on ET written seriously :(

Still I might be a little uptight today...

#36     May 13, 2011
  7. Lornz

Lornz

Don't you know we are all trillionaires on this site?

The point is valid, though. If you have system with positive expectancy on a liquid instrument, you scale up. It is really that simple. Unfortunately, most of the readers on this board will never adopt that mindset and look for those edges.

#37     May 13, 2011
  8. 1) Brains

2) Balls

the two are rarely found in the same individual

#38     May 13, 2011
  9. MWycliff

MWycliff

The trading outline gives the stage when stock options will be incorporated. If you look at the outline, I plan to trade the es intraday increasing contracts with account size. With futures I don't have to spend any time with research, but with options I have to spend time doing research and looking at many stocks. As you will note, I have provisioned to withdraw a salary every month for my work. Options trading begins once the account is large enough to pay me for the additional time required to reasearch the stocks.

#39     May 14, 2011
  10. MWycliff

MWycliff

Why OTM? Let's say I think next week AAPL will closer $10 lower than Fri close, wouldn't ITM near term Puts be better, given I want to close the trade within few days. I'm not a options expert, just asking.

#40     May 14, 2011