Taking 410K to 4million by Year End 2010

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yes, good luck to all the struggling traders, but Neke's not a struggling trader. Look at his equity curve since he started trading and you'll see he's outperformed the best of the best by a mile, while holding down a full time day job, no less.

He uses leverage as an edge and his trades often make my brain itch. I think he's learned a lot this year that will protect him from another down year. He's gotten a good taste of trend following recently and it'll be hard to forget how sweet those trades taste.

Neke, wishing you a great New Year and I'm buying 1000 NEKE Dec 2011 $3mln calls :cool:

#1041     Dec 22, 2010
  2. Good job this year Neke!. I was a bit worried about you, but you made a nice come back. Best of luck in 2011, and I'll be following your next journal for sure. No lie, sometimes I login just to check your journal every friday. Your subborn as a mule, LOL, but gawd damn, you can run with the best of'em. :)

#1042     Dec 23, 2010
  3. neke

neke

Weekly Update for final week 50/50 ended 12/23/2010

Moderately positive week, up 3K (1%).

A little of a dragging 3 days. Closing shop for the holidays now. Going out of town for the next two weeks, and should be back sometime in the new year to start a new thread.

A bad year it was, but glad it could have ended worse.

Merry Xmas all and looking forward to a happy new year.

Code:

Opening Balance:                	316,363
    Net gain for the week 		          3,077
    ------------------------------------------------
    Net Balance:                   		319,440

Since Inception of Thread   01/10/2010 - 12/24/2010

Opening Balance:                   	410,000
    Net loss(Less Margin Interest)		 90,560 (Down 22%)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Net Balance				319,440

#1043     Dec 23, 2010
  4. Picaso

Picaso

Well done, Neke, that was an impressive comeback.

All the best for 2011!

#1044     Dec 23, 2010
  5. rdg

rdg

Merry Christmas, neke. I think there's a special corner of heaven reserved for honest people who risk their money day in and day out given the hellish situations that have to be endured at times. 2011 or bust!

#1045     Dec 23, 2010
  6. Merry Xmas neke, I sure enjoy your thread. Good luck next year, enjoy the time with your family.

#1046     Dec 23, 2010
  7. Hi neke,
    read through well the start middle and end of your log and just wanted to say it's been a great read.

Totally happens to me, revenge trading, big risk taking, betting the whole house.

The emotional rollercoaster.

Totally agree with this too. The next big loss comes when least expected. And then all the "hating" in your head comes.

Thanks for journalling and I sense the breaking through during middle of the year the slower wins but more steady returns. Able to deal with losses better.

I've yet to make my own breakthrough but it's great to read someone who has.

All the best for 2011 Neke. And yes. make those big bold targets. Because i quote the SAS(which not many people can handle;aka weaklings) "Who dares wins"

It's like people on the internet. so many of them, but who can become SAS.

and there was this terrible poster Pension_Admin. if he's a dad, he's the worst kind of dad. the one who when you make a mistake jumps all over you and slams and lambasts you. but when you do right he's blind. and he has faded away too. internet is full of these idiots.

but thank god you've been strong. somehow pulling through the dark ages in the cellar.

all the best 2011 neke! :)

i know this is my first post but i only just discovered this!

#1047     Jan 1, 2011
  8. zanek

zanek

Neke,

Great thread, I've been following it for a while !

I had a question for you, on your 12-17-2010 post, you said you bought $263580 worth of V and sold it for an $18k lost an hour and 20 min later.

When I looked up the prices for V for the time that it was bought at though, if you bought $263k of V at the times you did, you would have lost at least $25K and not $18k.

Do you know why the times / amounts are off ? Thanks

#1048     Jan 2, 2011
  9. Many wanna be/fake traders on ET. Very hard to spot them too. However, the only legit one seems to be neke.

GJ for 2010!

#1049     Jan 2, 2011
  10. zanek

zanek

I agree, gettinglucky007 , I think Neke is a legit trader. I was just curious, so I thought I'd ask. Its just a question, for all I know, he could change the times on purpose to guard his strategy (which is understandable).

#1050     Jan 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.