Taking 410K to 4million by Year End 2010

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V is really scary that day I saw it, droppin by the dollar

Xmas coming, u can start a new thread next year?

#1031     Dec 17, 2010
  2. Temujin

Temujin

Hi,

As we approach year end, in the basence of any major follow thru trends, best to adopt a trading range and reversion to mean strategy.

Position size impt - I see a isgnificant move into first -second week Jan 2011.

Wishing one and all a merry xmas....

Cheers, temujuin

#1032     Dec 18, 2010
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

OMG.

It is obvious your automation system sucks. How on earth can it be a good strategy to invest 80% of your account on one stock, on a day when news is moving it down ? Where is the risk management in that system ?

Remember, earlier this year, I recommended you shut down the automation. Obviously, there is no black swan analysis in it, that's for sure.

#1033     Dec 19, 2010
  4. Not bad Neke. Just move on to the next week.

#1034     Dec 19, 2010
  5. bummer week...the market is screwy right now (in my view)...that V move was especially screwy. I don't see how you can run automated trades on something being moved by a significant news event.

#1035     Dec 19, 2010
  6. neke

neke

Yes, I plan to start another. Don't like giving up at the lows. Hopefully should be a better year next.

#1036     Dec 22, 2010
  7. TAKE DECEMBER'S OFF

#1037     Dec 22, 2010
  8. heech

heech

Amen Good luck!

#1038     Dec 22, 2010
  9. Fuck, how many times I've said that... Good luck man. Good luck and good new year to the all struggling traders out there.

#1039     Dec 22, 2010
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Selective longs going into next week could pay off handsomely.
    Breakout likely not done. I like call options on blue chip stocks that look good in mutual funds. People will not sell their winners until the new year and delay the taxes.

#1040     Dec 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.