Taking 1million to zero in "n" months.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Mar 6, 2012.

1. You cant short in an IRA, Shorting requires Type 2 and IRA's are only qualified to be Type 1 Cash.

I call BS.

#11     Mar 7, 2012
  2. kxvid

kxvid

I call BS too. Nobody who earned 1m treats it like this. Not even are inherited fortunes blown so easily.

#12     Mar 7, 2012
  3. That was indeed funny and yes I'm essentially doing the opposite of what previously lost money .

Of course that entails the danger of being right the first time just too early then getting caught in a double whipsaw.

#14     Mar 7, 2012
  4. Perhaps your reading comprehension skills need a little work.

My first line "Down 50% shorting Emerging markets futures on european crisis.

The salient fact is highlighted in red, and one most certainly can short contracts in an IRA you just can't use intraday margin. RTH margin is effectively the same as overnight margin requirements.

I find this glaring demonstration of ignorance a bit humorous for someone who calls himself KINGOFSHORTS.

But hey like I said I will give you the benefit of a doubt and chalk it up to a vision or reading problem.

#15     Mar 8, 2012
  5. Let's just say I have Brass balls and the trade based on the economic facts made sense.
    My failure was in underestimating the extent and effect of outrageous political manipulations. It still remains to be seen if they (the troika)
    will be able to get away with them.
    At this point I am no longer positioned for a contagion of french or german banking failures.

The near failure of dexia bank must have scared the bejesus out of them.

#16     Mar 8, 2012
  6. My trading is likely to include (but not exclusively limited to ) the following:

Direxion Daily Russia Bull 3x
    DIREXION MONTHLY CHINA BULL 2X
    Direxion Emerging Markets Bull
    Direxion Emerging Markets Bear
    ULTRASHORT EMERGING MARKETS INV
    VelocityShares Daily 2x VIX Short
    ProShares Trust Ultra VIX Short
    ProShares Ultra MSCI Emerging M
    Direxion Daily China Bull 3x
    Direxion Daily Latin America 3x
    ProShares Ultra Russell2000 Val
    ProShares Ultra Oil & Gas