Taking 15K to 1 million in 1 year

Discussion in 'Journals' started by college_trad3r, Dec 9, 2008.

1. how did you know i use crossovers?

anyway these are my results for today

10% return woo-hoo!:D

• demo.jpg
      File size:
      30.2 KB
      Views:
    #11     Dec 10, 2008
  2. eagle

eagle

Well, you know it's very difficult to reach that outstanding goal, many attempts in the past had been failed. But it is possible because it's just a paper trading :D. Let me congratulate you for your bravery and also I'd like to suggest you if thing doesn't go as planned, you should lose only the demo account and at worst the real account, but not your alias, right. Losing the first two you can always bounce back, but not the third one.

#12     Dec 10, 2008
  3. Lately I didn't traded, I felt that my system was incomplete. I've been doing way to many round-turns with only 1 point gain per trade. I need to do better risk management trades.

That's why, starting from next week, I'll also be using Fibonacci and Advance-Decliners in my technical analysis. I feel that they could be useful to more precisely decide whether to close my winners or let them run.

Wish me luck!:)

Also my account balance is now $55800. The title should be, taking 56k to 1 million, not 15k, sorry about the mistake. Now I'll be trying to take winners with far less round-turns. My goal is to have a maximum of 10 trades a day, but with at least 3+ point gain per trade.

#13     Dec 12, 2008
  4. I am now trading with high commissions. I feel like it will help my trading.

Just look at todays results! :)

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
    #14     Dec 16, 2008
  5. Today was the worst day ever! How come you lose money so fast and make money so slow! :( Indicators told me to short, but price went the other way. It was horrible!

Eventually I did take up some longs though I'm so lucky!

:(

• 2.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
    #15     Dec 17, 2008

6. Indicators don't work. Good luck trading if you continue to use them.

Support & Resistance. :)
    Better luck, friend.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. CollegTrader wrote:

I have a strategy that uses support and resistance, price action, RSI, ADX, MACD, 3,5,20,50,100,200 moving average, daily, weekly, monthly floor pivots, market profile VAH, VAL and POC and last but not least, volume.

And you really wonder why you're not doing better?

SIMPLIFY, my friend. Draw some straight lines on your charts!

Everything after "support and resistance" is just noise...

WHEN will people learn?! :)

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. I draw all the lines, like floor pivots on my chart but they don't give direction, so I look for direction with my indicators!

I think I must use bollinger bands now, I think I shorted outside the lower bollinger band.

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

Every indicator is a lagging derivative of price. One day you will understand that and you will wonder why you had all that crap on the chart in the first place.

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. A few months ago, and especially when I started out, I would have disagreed with volente, but He's right. You might see price, as just some random mess that goes up and down, but its not. I'll tell you what, send me any chart, and I'll tell you wether to buy/sell/wait from the right hand side of the chart with no indicators

send your chart to cloudfrog39@yahoo.com :D

in fact heres COP on a daily...heres my trade http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=COP&p=D&yr=0&mn=6&dy=0&id=p50873968956

if goes up --> buy@ 54.95/ stops @ 52

if it goes down --> short at 53.25/ stops @ 54.90

#20     Dec 17, 2008