Taking 103K to 1.2million by Year End 2008

Discussion in 'Journals' started by neke, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neke, thanks for last year's thread and congratulations on your performance.

I'm impressed by your risk tolerance - 10% on a single trade and 40% total drawdown is far more than I could handle.

Have you always had this tolerance for risk, or is it something that you have developed through your trading?

cheers
    magicdust

#11     Jan 12, 2008
  2. Hi Neke,

Congrats on your performance in 2007, i didn't read the full thread but i read bits and pieces.

One thing I did notice is that while your discretionary options trading was rather erratic in terms of performance, eg. +80k this week, -60k the next, etc, it seemed your automatic trading was pretty consistent, pulling in 5-10k per week at times.

Would you mind sharing with us what markets you traded with the automated trading?

Also, what strategy did your automated trading follow, eg. trend-following, mean reversion, etc.

And can you please share some stats about the automated trading, such as how many trades per week on average, average trade length, win percentage, average win/average loss.

And lastly what broker did you autotrade from, and what software was used for systems development.

Thanks, if you don't want the thread to go off-track, please send me a PM and we will discuss it there.

Best regards,

Nizar.

#12     Jan 12, 2008
  3. risk1

risk1

Have you come up with any practical rules to help you press when the odds are in your favor and not become unduly cautious in such circumstance?

Your 2007 thread is undoubtedly one of the best journals on ET and I wish you every success this year.

#13     Jan 12, 2008
  4. Most here have absolute confidence that you can and will accomplish your goals.

1. Always maintain your focus.

2. Always sticks to your game plan.

3. Be willing to modify your game plan as your knowledge base increases and you are able to figure-out more efficient and effective ways to trade successfully.

Best wishes,

M

#14     Jan 12, 2008
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

Best of luck. It is do able.

#15     Jan 12, 2008
  6. Looking forward to this very much.

#16     Jan 13, 2008
  7. :D

#17     Jan 13, 2008
  8. 264% is an impressive performance, regardless of your initial profit target. Wish you continued success on your 2008 goals.

#18     Jan 13, 2008
  9. all the best Neke. I definately will be following the thread.

#19     Jan 13, 2008
  10. If you're suggesting that Cramer can be a powerful contrary indicator at times, I'd tend to agree. However, I'm not altogether sure that he's as powerful as you:

"Elitefaders!!!!

I have spoken and Gold will see 800 before it sees 900. It is now time to come to grips, to reality. The world is not going to end, you can stop hording that bullion under your mattress. We are at peace, not at war.

This is for those who wish to read and understand. This is the end of the gold bull market!!! It is now time to sell, now time to short.

I dont want to see any more charts of foolishness. Gold has topped and I expect a steep selloff in the new year. I have spoken." - jreynolds212 on 1/1/08

The attached chart depicts your prediction of a triple top (red ellipse) and the surrounding price action.

You lose:
    http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1702823,00.html

Granted, you (a.k.a. The Stopped Clock) will eventually be proven 'right' when gold goes down. How much more money will you have lost by the time that happens?

P.S. This is Neke's thread. Pack up your 'big grin' and run along.

#20     Jan 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.