Taking 0.5K to 100K in six months

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Millionaire, Jun 16, 2009.

1. since when did Neke say he planned to make a 20,000% return on his money?

This is a suicidal High Risk of Ruin that is a horrible idea and example to other newbies like yourself, that if it lucks out, will crow like a rooster, but in the 99.9999% chance it does not, will just quietly go away.

And if you do, no one will ever believe you unless you get it INDEPENDENTLY audited at one of the 6-7 tracking websites bouncing around.

#51     Jul 1, 2009
  2. mounafia

mounafia

good results so far

#52     Jul 1, 2009
  3. Millionaire

Millionaire

The odds of ruin are not 99.9999%. I reckon they were around 50% when i started, now they are they are a bit less.

The odds of hitting my 100K target in six months are very slim, but i still think much higher than say 0.00001%.

I probably wont hit 100K in six months, but i think i have a very good chance of hitting 50K in a year. Which is still pretty awesome trading by any standard.

As for no one believing me, i dont care, i will have learnt a new skill. And shown others that it is possible. Ofcourse some of those who cant do it themselves will think i am making this all up.

Also i am not a newbie, i am a successful automated trader, but i have never mastered discretionary day trading, i have tried this type of trading a few times in the past and always failed and given up after a day or two. With this journal i have lasted 10 days so far..

#53     Jul 1, 2009
  4. I did not say the risk of ruin is 99.9999%. I said "in the 99.9999% chance it does not" - reach your goal.

And your risk of ruin calculation is completely groundless. It is difficult to calculate.

But your pursuit is extreme gambling. It has nothing to do with neke.

#54     Jul 1, 2009
  5. Millionaire

Millionaire

And i never said my trading was anything like neke's. I said this journal was inspired by neke's journal. Meaning i felt inspired to do this journal after reading neke's.

As for gambling, that would depend on me having a consistent edge or not. You are in no position to know that.

You can accuse me of gunslinging but you have can no idea if i am gambling or not.

#55     Jul 2, 2009
  6. Millionaire

Millionaire

I have lowered my expecations, i think 100K in six months was a bit to agressive and put me under undue pressure.

I have started a new thread, with an aim to making just 50K in one year.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=168822

I will no longer be posting on this thread.

Would the mods please close this thread.

#56     Jul 2, 2009
  7. *sheesh - so now you moved from 99.9999 to 99.9997% chance of not making goal. Oh, the insanity *

#57     Jul 3, 2009