Takers versus the Makers.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Honestly, I think you're fixated on the conservative mind. How you could link my reference of the grasshopper and ant to being political is something only you could accomplish.

It's becoming pointless to discuss anything at all with you, because you just return to the same line of painting people with labels. If you prefer your entire time on these forums to be spent going back and forth with your many detractors, be my guest.

Let me know when you want to have honest discussion without the same old conservative and GOP shit.

#51     Nov 28, 2012
  2. I was you who brought this analogy to bear with regards to the topic.

Ant and grasshopper are polar opposites, no?

If you did not feel it was relevant to the discussion, why did you bring it up?

#52     Nov 28, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The discussion is completely relevant. But you make it political, pretending like you're some psychologist saying "extremes are typical of the conservative mind". Got news for you, champ, you're not well versed in psychology just because you're in the medical profession.

The ant prepared for the coming winter (not a world ending event you seem to be returning to constantly). The grasshopper said everything would be fine and not to worry.

The comparison is completely relevant. The political reference isn't, and is just meant to put someone on the defensive.

#53     Nov 28, 2012
  4. Okay, Let's truncate the radical end statement. Now tell me what you think.

#54     Nov 28, 2012
  5. How can you explain supporting Obama and leftist policies which are basicly give, give and give some more, and then post what are very libertarian ideas?
    You show me one, just one left leaning politician that goes out and tells people that the path to prosperity is cutting people off public aid after a year or two. Show me the leftist who supports one single thing you posted.
    Go out and tell the minority community what your bright ideas are that you posted and let me know how that works out for ya'? Tell'em to be responsible and quit "spitting out babies". We can start in Englewood, IL. Make sure to wear a vest, and I ain't talking button down.

#55     Nov 28, 2012
  6. Okay, let's not get sidetracked. Let's drop the incendiary language. My post was mainly about Medicare and Medicaid.

In fact, most welfare payments on that chart on page one here are comprised of Medicaid.

What about the main part of my comment, Medicare?

#56     Nov 28, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

So you want us to address your comments, but you want to ignore ours, including the OP which was the discussion regarding the thread. Am I following that correctly?

#57     Nov 28, 2012
  8. Sidetracked how? You said abolish medicare and medicaid completely after refunding all the money already taken. I said there is no money to refund because congress already stole it all. You said people will start taking care of themsleves after these programs abolished. I'm saying go try and sell that to the people and see how that works out. Show me one left leaning politician with the stones to try and sell that.
    You're looking for some quick fix to this? Ain't gonna' happen. The problem is a criminally corrupt congress and all the f'n money is gone. Long gone and all used up. Now they want more to cover their sorry asses and lot's of people are saying, rightfully so, FU. Cut spending first and then maybe we'll talk about more money. Congress doesn't work that way, so we're pretty much screwed.

#58     Nov 28, 2012
  9. You believe liberalism will bring destruction, hence the ant. I do not, but I am not a grasshopper. That is an extreme, and rationalization will not help you here.

#59     Nov 28, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thank you for trying to tell me what I meant. No, YOU were the grasshopper and I was the ant. Nothing political there at all. Ignoring that won't help YOU at all.

#60     Nov 28, 2012