Takers versus the Makers.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 27, 2012.

1. They said that during the Bush years, there is a 60 minutes piece about the head of the CBO saying we are doomed, this was a good ten years ago.

We can only default is someone calls the loan, no one is going to do that.

#21     Nov 27, 2012
  2. My God, you still missed the entire conclusion from the past election. It's astounding that you cannot figure it out. "Fiscal conservatism" has a better chance of alienating even more voters than this previous election.

2 years from now, 4 years from now, the social safety net will be even more stressed. more people on public assistance, etc...more retiring boomers drawing SS, more retiring boomers on Medicare (Medicaid).

The demographics are driving this entire shift. "Fiscal conservatism" will not turn the ship around. Period. Meanwhile, you are fixated on all of these "social issues", when it's a fight for whatever scraps the government will feed the masses.

#22     Nov 27, 2012
  3. 10 years ago we had a strong dollar and we were just in the infancy of Greenspan's "housing experiment".

If you can't look at what the Fed has to do just to keep the economy at about 1-2% GDP, I have no idea how you could conclude another 50 years of QE, ZIRP and various other accounting tricks would do the trick.

There is simply no possible way that "emergency measures" could pull us along for that period of time. (Nevermind the fact that many other continents will be in the throes of depression simultaneously).

#23     Nov 27, 2012
  4. This, because of social conservatives, has a very odious undertone.

Now, I get where you are coming from, but the GOP really made asses out of themselves this go around. If this were football, they managed to blow a 35 point lead in the fourth quarter.

You must first address the platform on which you are going to deliver this message.

States rights is now a dog whistle, and you need to come from a different angle.

#24     Nov 27, 2012
  5. You said it yourself denner, the West is going down the tubes together, which keeps us at parity. The dollar is getting weaker, but so is the EUR, AUD, GBP. The safety currencies CHF and especially JPY are going to do things do prevent undue strength in their currencies.

China, which is today's Japan ( remember in the Reagan years they were all crying that we will be speaking Japanese?:D :D ), will not press the west because they need buyers for all their shit.

Worse case, we will stage a Gulf of Tolkien in the Middle East, and beat the drums of war. That always works.:)

#25     Nov 27, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, so you're saying in order to get people to grow a brain on the topic, we need to focus on the financials. You do realize that it's the media that's so obsessed with calling out abortion and making shit like that relevant, when the big problems are spending.

I mean, I could easily argue back that "stop hating the GOP on abortion when they are correct on the fiscal solutions necessary". It holds the same weight as "stop focusing on abortion when there are fiscal issues to discuss".

Fact is, people like yourself who voted for the current administration chose a more fiscal unsustainable path (if that is even possible) and more of the same. Would Romney and Co. have fixed it? Doubtful. But it is an absolutely certainty Obama and Co. won't.

#26     Nov 27, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You can't keep bringing up the "someone calls in a loan" argument after it has been argued against you in 10 different threads, with you voluntarily ejecting yourself from the discussion (for whatever reason) on it.

It's bullshit, man. No "loan has to be called in" for us to default.

#27     Nov 27, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Precisely. I couldn't have said it better.

#28     Nov 27, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't need to do anything. Alea iacta est. It's done. You know how you always talk about landing the plane? The only thing to discuss now is at what velocity the plane hits the ground, and how much of the cargo is recognizable.

#29     Nov 27, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#30     Nov 27, 2012