Take Two Interactive

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, Nov 8, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

There's a reason it didn't tank today. I would NOT be short this thing.
    Let me add one caveat though....opportunities abound trading it in and out for an hour or so based on your tape reading skills... its like playing TSLA intraday... other than that.... its a good stock for grandma long. Its gonna be a hell of a trader for now though.
    Up/down up/down within a $1.50 channel.

#11     Nov 8, 2017
    Superstar2317 likes this.
  2. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

I agree 95%, never fight an uptrend.
    But there is the exception that confirms the rule. This is the case here : round number.
    If there is a gap, and a round number is tested unsuccessfully (here 120 dollars), this is tradable with a stop loss above the test of the round number (120.71 dollars for instance).
    Of course you need to wait today's opening, in order to avoid another gap up.
    At the opening, if Take Two would go fast below 116 dollars ? Odds are high gap to be filled.
    Partially closed, around 111 dollars, or fully filled around 106/107 dollars.
    And if for any reason, 102 dollars don't hold... Mega bull trap!
    Wait and see

CM

upload_2017-11-9_11-25-45.png

#12     Nov 9, 2017
    vanzandt and Superstar2317 like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Good stuff CM. Thnx.

#13     Nov 9, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

EA reported tonight.
    They said UFC 3 Is gonna be a cashcow.
    I did a channel check and the UFC franchise is not that popular.
    Opinions? Anybody play this stuff?
    EA closed up 7% AH's but they missed on revenue.

#14     Jan 30, 2018
  5. Wrestling/UFC video games are never cash cow's. -- People like GTA and war games, with open vast fields of adventure where dogs can run.
    High-Five`, vanzandt o_O
    But VR is an exciting, new trend -- who knows.

Buy options, and make a killing in the shock market
    Good luck and Mazal tov and May the Farce be With You on betting in the right direction,
    Give Soes some of your wonderful trading insights, he could use it. and Pekelo too, he must be losing money with his long bitcoins.
    I love dogs and parrots. and money. -- and i'm sexually repressed too. my finasteride hair pills makes it hard for me to achieve a boner.
    I ate two Burger King whoppers today.

I miss the mid/late 90's and early 2000's (and maybe mid 2000's as well)...when video/computer games were exciting and fun and simple and raw.
    Modern games feel bland and soulless and stale and drab and overly technical and clean and geeky to me.
    (or i'm just simply getting older, and out of the traditional gaming age demographic)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    #15     Jan 30, 2018
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well coming from you, thats an improvement on actual usefulness I suppose.
    It would appear you are correct on UFC. I think they're all a waste of time but wtf...1.23B in forecast revenue.... somebody likes em.
    Thanks LL :D

#16     Jan 30, 2018
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

[QUOTE="lawrence-lugar, post: 4595611, member: 425225"
    But VR is an exciting, new trend -- who knows.[/QUOTE]

Re VR.... One of our fellow ET'rs recomended VUZI way back at $6. He went on to found The Ritchie Exchange however.

#17     Jan 30, 2018
  8. Good question about UFC! Years ago, when it first came out, my brother-in-law bought and was pretty cool. It also was hard but from what I have seen this new one is supposed to be, the best yet. Decades ago, EA sports games were awesome but now it's hit and miss for their Madden, their FIFA is solid, but their NBA Live games are garbage compared to Take-Two's. I tried that Battlefront 2 via free Redbox and it was better than, the 1st, IMO. Where they would make a FORTUNE is their subscription if they put in more games as well as newer ones in after a certain buy period to not cannibalize store buying. I'd get a subscription if I could play all their new one's 2-3mos after release. As mentioned, VR would be cool for UFC, people would also get in shape...win-win for this fat a$$ society.haha

#18     Jan 30, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

TTWO today got up to $129.... then it crashed to $119... now its $125. All on no news. (It was up nicely yesterday on EA's results)
    FB is nuts.
    Ebay too.
    Boeing swinging 3% albeit a day after earnings...
    Point being here... stocks start acting crazy like this near market tops. Proceed with caution.
    jmho
    EDIT: just looked at the VIX.. above 13. Hmmm......

#19     Feb 1, 2018
  10. It was cause they're postponing Red Dead Redemption to Oct. 26th instead of June/July. It was supposed to have been out in March.

#20     Feb 1, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.