Take time to become successful traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by johnmmf, Jan 23, 2018.

1. I'm not sitting on a rocking chair (like most stale, dry and drab people are)...I said I'm a cowboy of a trader...cowboys sit on horses galloping, -- accomplishing and moving in much greater strides, albeit with much more danger as well...that goes without say with adventure.

Did you make enough money in the market today, Xela, to buy alligator Gucci or Versace or Louis Vuitton shoes or boots?

Most people here at ET treat trading like a very safe, slow, conservative, retirement investment account.
    If you will hangout at ET, trade...to be an ET, extraterrestrial trader,...to the mOOn, o_O

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    #41     Jan 31, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  2. Xela

Xela

Shhhhh ... I'm still working - the results aren't out yet (and I'm more a Louboutin girl, to be honest). [​IMG]

#42     Jan 31, 2018
  3. nimo

nimo

The Major League Traders Course (Real or Fraud)

#43     Jan 31, 2018
  4. 777

If that is not a joke question, you have absolutely no idea what you are up against.

Pleas reread my post.

#44     Feb 2, 2018
  5. Peter10

Peter10

why do you think it is a joke? do you believe there is no trader here on ET that can average +5 percent a month?

#45     Feb 2, 2018
  6. 777

It is doubtful any trader on ET has a "simple" system that averages 5 percent a month with reasonable risk management that they will pass out on a public forum, along with the tactical advice on how to impliment (like what broker, trade routing, etc) the system.

And it would be great if the system mentor stayed in touch incase anything relevant changed concerning his system.
    ____

However, there is now a reasonable chance that losing traders who are paid-gurus-for-hire will now send the poster private offers.

#46     Feb 2, 2018
    solonz and Xela like this.
  7. Peter10

Peter10

i understand your point. this guy wants to learn and he has a realistic goal. +5 percent a month is not implausible .

#47     Feb 2, 2018
  8. Neuroway

Neuroway

LOL! Well, what can one say? You can't buy class, Xela! :cool:

#48     Feb 2, 2018
  9. prc117f

prc117f

#1 during your initial period taking huge leverage is a huge mistake. Why did you think that was a good idea?

even now and I have been doing this for along time I don't take leveraged positions. You cant rush this, you have to take it slow and easy make small profits that compound over time and build up your trading capital. Risk management is VERY important.

#49     Feb 2, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  10. solonz

solonz

lol... This forum is a HOWL! I love it. I had my ups and downs as a RE investor, hung on after losing my ass and doing well now, had some luck day trading, but i know it was total luck....I was looking to educate myself further in this area recently, because I dont trust any of those bullshit financial advisers, and want to manage my own money myself. While buying and managing rental properies, I took equity out in 2004 and started up a successful vending company that I still own an manage now, and just like anything, it takes years to build something up from scratch successfully. I belong to an elite forum of nationwide vendors, and then also on some of the "newbie" Vending forums. A few of my colleagues just torture these poor souls who come on there asking the same question asked 1,000 times before... Like "Which jukebox is the best?", or "How many machines do i need before i can quit my job and go full-time?" Or "Which kind of locations work best, or which kind of crane merchandiser machine?".... lol. This forum is no different, as you get the same noob questions you have all heard a thousand times too. Just like in my industry, the elite dont want to just give up the gold info, because they'd be potentially training their future competition, and could hurt them. I don't feel as paranoid as my friends, and if I genuinely like someone, from another state(lol), I am happy to leak out a few nuggets. I came here finding exactly what I expected. A very secretive fraternal group, no different from other industries. Which is expected, and I congratulate those who truly are successful here. Like other industry groups, there are several posers too i'm sure. My general advice to the OP, would be if you truly want to follow this path and succeed? Find out if there are any trade shows or big conventions for Day Trading/investing. Not the dumb guru convention seminars, I mean a trade show or convention. If there is, book your show ticket hotel and flight and venture off.. And, look to network with other people there at the bar, the lunch area, the show floor or there may be classes at the convention, and just try to mingle and network. Hell, take someone or a couple of guys out to lunch who you feel are successful (If you're wise enough, you should be able to tell the posers from the winners) network and try to learn from them, and aybe get in an apprenticeship under them. You meet people like that in RE as well. If they like you enough, you get into the inner circle of the successful people in the country. The format for getting into a lucrative industry and gaining strong knowledge may not be the exact same, but the steps are all very similar i'm sure. Ok, let me put my unbrella up now, because i'm sure some of the senior level guys/gals will toss molitov cocktail bombs at me!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    #50     Feb 21, 2018