Take This Trade, Hershey Traders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hypostomus, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Now this is getting interesting. Could you comment further on why you believe futures trading is less risky than trading stocks? I happen to agree with you.

#31     Aug 29, 2007
  2. I dont think futures are less risky necessarily because it may be very easy for someone to get wiped out much faster in futures if they do not respect the leverage and liquidity.

I do think though, that the upside is greater in futures and therefore would like to give it my full attention at some point..

#32     Aug 29, 2007
  3. Best of luck to you in your quest for the big bucks! If I might offer a humble suggestion, the Conventional Orthodoxy will get you there faster than SCT will. But then again, maybe not, as your brain is younger than mine, hahaha!

#33     Aug 29, 2007
  4. Thank you, and good luck to you too old man (kidding) :D

#34     Aug 29, 2007

5. There is a big giant secret that no one has ever told you.

It is the most relaxing thing to have in the world. Imagine what it is like to be in an emotional place that is totally free.

What if you knew that at any time that you had lightening fast recourse to something as solid as what the rock of Gibraltor symbolizes?

My face is being posted about as frequently as is possible. I know that my asking you to glance at it is unnecessary since it is about unavoidable. My expression may reflect something positive. Maybe not. The point is that if you feel really appropriately for good reason, then you do better. The resourses on this subject are out there and some of them are very old, in fact.

If you start from your statement and use reasoning you get to understand what many others understand about trading futures.
    The essential belief about trading futures deals with perceived risk as you state.

You have been making risk assignments in a manner that blocks you from reasoning. Maybe you are able to get a wake up call at your age and place in the infinite scheme of things.

Cocaine was, briefly, able to pentrate into your world for a moment. He is not, apparently, responding to your asking for something. (Think of the brief interlude where Tdog and Bogan7 asked for a single 8 hour video tape to solve their imagined problem) You just now have gotten to the asking for something which is your responsibility to generate personally.

Whatever he provides to support your needs, is fine, but you may, just for a moment, be able to begin to think. (I do not know.)

I am posting to you one thing. There is: "...a big giant secret that no one has ever told you." Cocaine could be the catalyst that gets it on the table for you. I know I can't do it. I, personally, operate on the basis of this thing, but I certainly cannot convey it to you; you have proven that to me over and over.

Edit: I can see that while writing this the moment has past. Sorry.

#35     Aug 29, 2007
  6. Yeah.. the only time you ever went on record you lost 26% in a trading contest

[​IMG]

Jack Hershey sporting a pony tail at age 70.. inform your local congressional representative

#36     Aug 29, 2007
  7. Jack is and NLP practicioner and a very skilled story teller, that is all. He seems to leave that fact out of his stories.

#37     Aug 29, 2007
  8. NLP.. the poor mans scientology

[​IMG]

Jack Hershey sporting a pony tail at age 70.. inform your local congressional representative

#38     Aug 29, 2007
  9. no. 22

no. 22

You are always hinting at something. Do you hope someone will tell you what it is?

#39     Aug 29, 2007
  10. Jack, I can always count on you for a little levity when I post seriously.

First, let me assure most sincerely that it is not I posting your handsome photo. Nor am I the current pack of assholes who are harassing you, although I do agree that you deserve it. If I didn't have the utmost respect for Spydertrader, who speaks well of you in private, I would think that you are completely full of shit.

Second, I am mystified as to how you read into ANY of my posts what my perception of risk is. If there is one thing that I think you and I agree on, it is that the whole R/R thing is a crock.

Third, I will tell you what I think of risk. I only trade when there isn't any. For the trade I posted, I entered two ticks away from the open on a no-brainer retrace, the best entry my old fat fingers could get with a market order. My mental stop is three ticks. That was miniscule risk compared to the 57 tick reward achieved.

Fourth, compare that to SCT trading, where you have NO preconceived stop, and a profit potential artificially constrained to the imaginary lines you draw on your charts.

Fifth, I respect Cokie's claim that he makes $175K a year trading stocks. But I will not take any advice from him on futs until he posts trades like I post.

Sixth, you have some really bizarre notion of where my head is at. But I know you love me or you wouldn't reply to my posts.

Seventh, as the inventor of SCT, kindly tell me how my trade was seeable using SCT. My point being that "There are more things in heaven and earth, dear Jack, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (Ape-ologies to Shakespeare.)

(As an aside to Dolly, you don't believe in NLP because you've never had anybody who was good at it use it on you. It works. The proof is old guys with young wives.)

#40     Aug 29, 2007