Take This Trade, Hershey Traders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hypostomus, Aug 29, 2007.

1. I think Hypostomus uses a 1-minute chart as compared to your SCT 5-minute charts. How, then, do you assume he has slower reflexes?

As to your second point, I think Jack would disagree with you. He seems to be of the mind that his is not only the best way, but the only way to trade markets properly. I have yet to see a reference from him regarding any potential improvement to SCT as it presently exists at the "expert" level. Have you? (Although I must admit that always being in and never suffering a loss sets the bar rather high, eh?)

#21     Aug 29, 2007
  2. Oh, Cokie, you have me so nailed. The worst of it is, when I need to take a piss it takes me five minutes to find my dick. And, yes, my brain is ossified, and that is probably why I can't trade SCT. You'd think that since I am so old I am having hallucinations I would be better at seeing things that aren't there. So I have to trade classical TA. Such a paltry legacy it has left us! But it IS older than me, so I can cope.

But do kindly educate an old fool: what did YOU do this morning? Throw around a lot of 10K trades, did you?

#22     Aug 29, 2007
  3. no. 22

no. 22

When I pointed out that SCT's failure is that they neglected to generalize channels, Jack asked for a critique so that he could fix the holes ASAP! I am not his slave, though, so unless he pays me it won't be forthcoming.

#23     Aug 29, 2007
  4. Thank you for defending me, Thunderdog, but "I went down to the demonstration, to get my fair share of abuse." Indeed I do make entries off a one-minute chart, but I also run five one-second studies that require these crippled old fingers to try to react faster than they can. But my REAL speed is a one-day chart of NDX. THAT I can follow! "See NDX creep up on the pivot! NDX LIKES to scare the pivot! But, oh! Is that an ugly four-leg-old fib in the way? Bad fib! Old fib! Get down!"

#24     Aug 29, 2007
  5. Joke all you want, but after 6 years and still trading 1 lot, that is just plain sad. I can now see why you are very bitter.

If you must know, I am gross +$747 on 15,245 shares and
    + $212.50 on 6 lots on the ES (2 trades). I am still new to the futs but I have been trading stocks since 2000. It IS hard to split time between the two, even for someone in his 30's.

#25     Aug 29, 2007
  6. Small calibre, good luck teaching Jack anything new. He flew into an apoplectic rage when I said I draw channels upside-down.

#26     Aug 29, 2007
  7. Cokie, you had to go open your mouth. It took you 12 cars to make less in mighty ES than I made with ONE car trading pitiful NQ? With SCT to guide you?

With that kind of expectation you HAVE to trade large! The B-Team will be reciting that stat for decades to come.

Congrats on the stock trading, though, I can't do that for shit. That's why I trade futs.

In your 30's huh? Talk to me when YOU'RE in your 60's! I'll still be trading in my 90's, hahaha!

#27     Aug 29, 2007
  8. Hey, you got almost 6 years of exp on me, I have only been trading ES for 5 months. I spend most of my time watching and trading stocks.

#28     Aug 29, 2007
  9. Well if you trade stocks that well, why not stick to it? I'll bet you trade relatively simple patterns with stocks. For NQ I currently have to keep 57 distinctly different setups in my head and detect them at a one-minute pace. SCT is trivial by comparison.

#29     Aug 29, 2007
  10. Honestly, I'm tired of not being able to make more than 175K a year in stocks without upping my risk significantly. I'm sure many would be happy with that but I am shooting for higher. Its been 4 years at this plateau in stocks. Futures are the way to go for an experienced trader like myself, just will take time to get acclimated.

#30     Aug 29, 2007