Take this IQ test , see how dumb you really are

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock777, Sep 17, 2006.

1. moo

moo

A stupid test. IMO intelligence tests are not supposed to be about knowledge. So the patterns were ok, but verbal questions not. Why ask simple stuff that you learn at school? Some pay attention there, others don't.

Besides, the scores seem suspiciously high. I was just guessing all the patterns/figures, and got a way too high score. Or perhaps it's about testing your luck?

Rather be lucky than skillful...

#31     Sep 20, 2006
  2. Just saw the thread and thought this would be fun, got a 131.
    Woo-hoo!

-TheActionKid

#32     Sep 20, 2006
  3. bjg

bjg

Have they affected your ability to think? I'd have thought they'd highten your awareness if anything.

I got 127. I'd probably tank on the advanced one if it requires much knowledge.

#33     Sep 20, 2006
  4. JackR

JackR

To simplify - The tests that cover the normal IQ range can have answers to questions that a very bright person might find relatively easy [and in a poorly designed test they might find two correct answers depending on the logic used]. This tends to bunch the scores of such people. The advanced type of tests have more difficult questions which provide more discrimination at the high end. In doing the initial evaluations of the draft tests different answers given by very bright people are reviewed and if the logic used is correct but gives a "wrong" answer, that "wrong" answer is replaced. This type of problem is typically found in analogy and numerical sequence questions.

At least that is what I remember from something I read about forty years ago.

Jack

#34     Sep 20, 2006
  5. So does anybody know the answer to the grass blade sequence questions?

#35     Sep 20, 2006
  6. If I remember correctly, there were 2 blades, then 3 blades, then 4. I chose the answer that had 5 blades.

#36     Sep 20, 2006
  7. dmarkan, how do you know you were right?

This thread is a revelation to me.

Stock777 suggesting iq is iq, well-i never thought of it that way.

I kinda figured, theres no reason one should get roughly the same score on basic and advanced-that makes little sense, given the only reason for an advanced test, surely, would be the possibility of extreme upper limit testing, ie, scores nobody doing the basic test could potentially acheive.

#37     Sep 22, 2006
  8. Depending on which one you're referring to, arithmetically or exponentially increasing number of either intersections or geometrical shapes formed by the 'blades'.

#38     Sep 22, 2006
  9. 128 on the standard test.
    140 on the "difficult" one :eek:

I was more mentally prepared for the memory tests and the question format in general when I took the second test and happened to know most of the knowledge-based questions so results are obviously skewed.

The memory questions are a bit of a crapshoot! At best I could narrow down to only two of the options :eek:???

Good fun!

MoMoney.

#39     Sep 22, 2006
  10. The blades of grass dammit whats up with the blades of grass???

So nobody with a 130+ score can tell me the deal with the grass?

And I am not talking about the one in which the blades consecutively increased in number.

#40     Sep 22, 2006