Take The Year Off....Market stuck in neutral

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aaron Copland, Jan 27, 2009.

1. That's because Asian kids are pushed by their Parents (who take an active interest in their child's studies) to achieve and succeed in the classroom . . . unlike a lot of American families that don't care how their kids are doing in school.

The "apple" does not fall far from the "tree" my friend.

STOP blaming the schools and the teachers.
    It's the PARENTS.
    Period.

#41     Jan 27, 2009
  2. Excellent post.

#42     Jan 27, 2009
  3. gnome

gnome

There's a lot of truth in that. Parents need to instill in kids the importance of "doing the work"... or it can come from motivation within.

I remember a freshman orientation... the prof said, "don't just take easy courses like basket weaving... challenge yourself.... college is a place to develop and exercise your brain..."

How true was that?

#43     Jan 27, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Wow do I feel sorry for you, you actually believe the economy is going to turn around, dont you???

HAHAHAHA

Find me a catalyst besides lower oil prices (reason oil is down is due to the collapse in the economy) please. I did use the word "catalyst" over 1000 times to prove my point and in proving my point even up today, can you please show me a catalyst to get this market moving again???

This market is going to be stuck for at least 5 more years, and you thinking this recession will be over any moment now just makes you look more pathetic.

#44     Jan 27, 2009
  5. Ron, I graduated from a University ( albeit many many years ago ) that is often called the greatest public university in the Nation, where the percentage of Asian undergrads was very high . . . In fact, it was at 45.2% back in 2000.

There's a pretty simple reason for this.
    Studying and the learning process begins at Home.

#45     Jan 27, 2009
  6. Calendar spreads.

Money can be made in EVERY market regardless of direction

#46     Jan 27, 2009
  7. gnome

gnome

OK... lemme guess... Cal Berkely?

#47     Jan 27, 2009
  8. It's Berkeley.
    :D

#48     Jan 27, 2009
  9. History shows that the first year of a President’s four-year term is the worst for stocks.

But I remain optimistic that opportunities will pop up from time to time.

#49     Jan 27, 2009
  10. gnome

gnome

I have a friend who used to work for NASA who went to Berkely...

Not to brag, (OK, BRAG!) I have a distinction which I'm positive none of you a-holes can match... :>)

Most of us "went to college"... well, I have credits from 6 colleges on my transcript.... 3 of which won NCAA championships in one year.... If I recall, it was 2002... Hockey, Minnesota..... DivI Basketball, Maryland.... DivII Basketball, Metro State Denver.

Top THAT, you pikers!!! :D

#50     Jan 27, 2009