Take the speculators out of the oil market and oil will drop 50%!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Apr 8, 2011.

1. euclid

euclid

LOL. For every long there is a short.

Therefore paper supply for oil must also be 11 times physical supply.

You seem to be suggesting we can run our cars on this paper supply.

#21     Apr 8, 2011
  2. And how do you do that in every domicile in the world?

#22     Apr 8, 2011
  3. I have a theory about market manipulation. This article is not about speculators (though, that is what we are reading).

What we have here is journalists courting market participants, analysts, people talking book. Writers call up these various yo yo's and say, "give me something, you'll get your name and company name in the paper". Impress your friends, neighbors, attract new clients, yada yada ya.

So this putz writes about sausage and how its made. Gees guys it's been made the same way for years, tastes good, smells good and as far as the ingredients go, well it's top secret but I'll give you a few hints. (Give the dog a bone! It's speculators.)

In return, the analyst now "owes" the reporter.

"Hey, I got your name in the paper' If you hear anything good, give me a call".

In the meantime, let's see what kinda mileage we can get out todays hot topic.

---------------

Is anyone any further along in the studies of oil? Reading the same ole, same ole, year after year? No.

All this speculator trash talk is a rehash of the last spike in oil.

You know what's new? Obama laughed and told us all to go and trade in our SUV.

You know what else is new? That putzorino Chuck Schumner ain't on TV telling us to sell off the strategic oil reserves.

#23     Apr 8, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

don't forget the Fed. they might be interested in it as well,because it will cause the inflation. and that exactly what they are trying to create,to burn US debt.

#24     Apr 8, 2011
  5. Yeah algos are a contributing factor probably. But let's first shut down all the commodity ETF's ! When I hear the silver ETF holds 50 % of the supply , something is wrong.

#25     Apr 8, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Traders are simply reacting to supply worries, and a weakening dollar. I certainly wouldn't want the govt stepping in and screwing with the oil markets as I would wonder where they would stop after that...

Since the govt seems to screw up anything they get involved in, I'd rather pay $4+ at the pumps for now.

Imo the US needs to start drilling much, much more, and tell the libs to lump it when they get ticked over where we would drill.

#26     Apr 8, 2011
  7. #27     Apr 8, 2011
  8. The world does not stop to ask anyone's opinion. If you want to play, take note of the situation and play accordingly. Don't play by your opinion of what would be ideal. The situation will never be ideal.

#28     Apr 8, 2011
  9. bettles

bettles

Last I checked, major US stock indexes are higher now than they were during the summer of 2008 when everyone had their eyes on energy prices. Food prices are certainly higher. The cost of health care, groceries, rent, have all gone up over the past 3 years. Why should energy prices be the only thing that is still cheaper than it was 3 years ago?

Bettles

#29     Apr 8, 2011
  10. So you think that food price increases has nothing to do with the price of oil?? WoW?! You really need to get out more!

#30     Apr 10, 2011