Take the Index Piker Challenge

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Index piker, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Well that might be because this journal's purpose is to track my returns this year and going forward, capish?

#31     Nov 8, 2009
  2. Jesus

Jesus

LOL LMAO

Index Piker, you, or at least the person who you are representing over an anonymous internet site, are an absolute JOKE. A JOKE, you are more of an ignorant idiot than most of the clueless traders here. I will explain why.

You began "index" investing in november of last year apparently. AFTER the market lossed MOST of its value. So, you luckily bought at the bottom.

PULL UP CHARTS ON ALL THE INVESTMENTS YOU BOUGHT, AND SEE WHERE YOU WOULD BE HAD YOU BOUGHT AT 2 YEARS AGO, 3 YEARS AGO, EVEN 10 YEARS AGO. IF YOU WERE A TRUE INDEX INVESTOR, EVEN WITH PROPER DIVERSIFICATION, YOU WOULD HAVE LOST MONEY. IN SOME CASES YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN DOWN HUGE.

You got incredibly luckily and began investing near the bottom, and have since rode up a great recovery. But this performance Proves NOTHING. True index investing is passively investing over the long term. 1 year is not a long term.

SO YOUR PERFORMANCE MEANS NOTHING. So disregard being up 90%. If I would of bought a "diversified portfolio of ANY asset class last november you would be up huge.

I see this every bull market, some lemming gets lucky, invests near the bottom, and after a year of bull market gains they think they will make money FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

#32     Nov 8, 2009
  3. returns for week of 11/2/09

gain of 10.4% overall

PHP:
                             ira             profit sharing            total
    -Nov    $668,022.38     97992                   $766,014.38 
    -Nov    $737,198.34     108610       $845,808.34 
    gain

#33     Nov 8, 2009
  4. i am talking about the high frequency trading groups of most of those outlets. Guess why they so vigorously defend flash quotes and other gimmicks.

It does not matter really what you think of those guys its just they make money at very low risk.

#34     Nov 8, 2009
  5. ...maybe because you messed up big time right before that? You make me laugh you clown...

#35     Nov 8, 2009

6. (1)It wasn't entirely luck that I withdrew the cash value of my retirement annuity and invested it in november.

The returns I have posted reflect this year only.

2) Of course 1 year is not long term the journal has just started. If I waited 3-4 yrs you would moan and cry cherry picking. I have to start somewhere.
    If you wish to discount 2009 returns so be it, track me going forward whenever you wish to start.

3) I'm not worried about blowing up like you traders do.

Maybe you could learn something from the tortoise and the hare story.

#36     Nov 8, 2009
  7. Fine just post a snapshot of this year's returns and let's get started.

I'm perfectly ok with letting the FACTS do the talking.

#37     Nov 8, 2009
  8. buddy you are the one who utterly ignores the facts. Fact is that index investing would have lost you money for many years now. Its very convenient for you to start posting your performance this year. And you seem more and more like the one who has a very limited understanding of markets. (and you also sound like someone who has traded before but blew up and not disparages everyone else no matter how much better some others' risk management is.)

I am outa here, but I hope you can reflect and take a quick look at the past years' performances of most indexes.

#38     Nov 8, 2009
  9. a) Of course I'm up as an indexer one expects to follow the underlying market.

b) You have NO idea what you are talking about, I have provided complete funding information of both accounts.

The profit sharing account was opened with a minimal opening deposit to establish an account. It's contributions are tax deferred and VOLUNTARY.

The IRA reflects the dissolution of a pension plan and rolled over into an IRA november 2008.

The reported returns reflect only 2009 gains.

#39     Nov 8, 2009
  10. Fine, if what you say is true , prove me wrong real time.

#40     Nov 8, 2009