Take Ritalin for trading to increase profits

Discussion in 'Trading' started by original, Apr 16, 2008.

1. C'mon high horse folks, lets be real here. Our society has become so puritanical in guise, but there are many facets of art, music , science etc that simply would not have been the same without some kind of drug. In the 20's in Paris, Hemingway's cronies slurped absinthe, Freud did enough coke to kill a small horse, etc etc etc. We're all different people. I know a guy who drinks a cup of coffee and is jittery and wired. Can't sleep. I can drink a POT of coffee after dinner and go to bed no problem. Hmmmm, thats weird. Some people are allergic to aspirin, some aren't. Some folks have a glass of vino, and are crawling on the floor, some can have a bottle with dinner, and not skip a beat. So, given these truths, isn't it kind of absurd to assert one universal standard about these things?? Or try to villify some, while glorifying others...(last time I checked, alcohol was pretty bad for you huh???, but marijuana...not so much). As far as ritalin goes...well, I can't say i've ever tried it. But I sure did my share of a bunch of that other stuff in the haze that was my twenties and I don't think trading would be the thing to do while partaking. Then there's my natural predjudice against any drug that comes out of a laboratory (like the old Chris Rock line comparing big pharma to crack dealers saying "there ain't no money in a cure, the money's in the COMEBACK!). But we won't go there. That being said, I say, if you want to get jacked up on ritalin bought from Argentina and delivered next day air, more power to you. Just remember, the most important thing is to have fun. Even if you're watching your account blow up and your next home is going to be a cardboard box under an overpass in the old industrial section of town, just have fun. Life is short, after all. And for all you high and mighty ones, let's do this. We won't try to make you all more wild and crazy, if you don't try and make us more boring and sane.

#31     Apr 17, 2008
  2. piezoe

piezoe

AMEN! Nibbler.

#32     Apr 17, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

When you all blow up your accounts, you can blame your adderral and other drugs and not yourselves. "The adderral was making the trades, not me"

#33     Apr 17, 2008
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

Life is probably much shorter if you are the one living in the cardboard box.

#34     Apr 17, 2008
  5. thank you for simplifying nibbler

but as with all pseudo thinkers, you forget that it all fine while you have a choice

but when you get addicted

what then...........not so fun anymore

problem with people is that 99.9% of you can only half think

and you always forget about survivorship bias

#35     Apr 17, 2008
  6. me?? A pseudo thinker??

Damn.

And all this time, I thought (LOL) I was actually thinking.

Rats.

#36     Apr 17, 2008
  7. well truth be told, you are one of the smarter ones here :)

I am still # 1 but that's a given and not really part of the equation

#37     Apr 17, 2008
  8. #38     Apr 17, 2008
  9. I've heard of some people using Adderall to study for the CFA exam. I heard it helps you to concentrate, which isn't bad if you're studying for the exam

#39     Apr 17, 2008
  10. adderal and ritalin both do wonders when studying. i used ritalin for a year(under a doctor) and noticed a remarkable difference in focusing and being able to complete tasks.

#40     Apr 17, 2008