Take care Fx-auto!!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Terry_G, Jan 19, 2007.

1. hello,
    I had a demo account with FX-Auto and it expired few days back. During my demo, I nted down open positions of several signal providers and there are few which took my attention.

The one mentioned 1stfinancials here in this form was removed from fx-auto but i noticed a very interesting thing about them.
    When I emailed them asking for what money management strategy I should use and what stop to use. They gave me a 800 pip stop which to my imagination was more than enough, anyways I noticed that they had a lot of open positions at a time but the interesting fact is that their signals seemed to work pretty well if I used their suggested strategy. A lot of thier positions are now in profit and going with the trend.

The thing about them are:
    Disadvantages:
    1) They use a huge stop of 800 pips.
    2) Their website id free one.
    3) They keep positions open for a long period.

Advantage:
    1) The results are good

I don't know much more abt them but this made my think that if such working method that successful then is the trading for small traders still means only a loosing market?

#31     May 23, 2007
  2. FX-Auto now excluded all the signal providers that had free website but what about those who don't have website? They are still on FX-Auto

#32     Jun 4, 2007
  3. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Hi,
    The few without websites are marketing through either:
    a) GFSignals
    b) Collective2

#33     Jun 4, 2007
  4. Terry_G

Terry_G

Yes! That's what i was trying to say 8 months ago when Clayburg was on the top of your performing list! Clayburg was number 1 for almost 1 year on your so called signal providers peformance list! Many of your clients lost alot of money following " The man with 20 years system building experience"
    I mentioned in my post 8 months ago that the performance seems unral and fabricated and you accused me that i'm trying to discredit Mr Clayburg! Where's did the 20 years experience of Mr Clayburg end now? Can you tell us the net performance of his 3 systems : Clayburg, Cyclone and Enterprise?

Let me show here how your performance list is very misleading!
    Clayburg which was on the top 3 performing services for more than 1 year ended with the following results:
    Clayburg Multiphase net result of all pairs -15,000 pips
    Enterprise forex -14,000 pips
    Cyclone system -3,500 pips
    There's no single pair that made positive profit in the 3 systems.

Well....I'm very sorry if i tried to "discredit" Mr Clayburg performance few months ago.
    Welldone Fx-auto! let's record here the top 3 performing pairs today and then we can check them 6 months later to see how much loss they will do. I will keep updating this thread.

#34     Aug 21, 2007
  5. Terry,

I think you are missing the point here. The big advantage of the Fx-auto sevrice is that the performance of the signal providers is clear for all to see so that we can avoid these poor performers.

Over time the fx-auto sevrice will work to help eliminate those signal providers who don't have sustainable trading performance. Prior to this, consumers were vunerable to all sort of wildcard claims reported by signal providers.

Longer term, the knock on effect of fx-auto will be to clean up this business.

#35     Aug 25, 2007
  6. Proupin

Proupin

This post is very interesting... I am trying to make myself a living with forex, JUST checking different brokers, software's, etc... in the hope of making the right decision and not get SCAMMED when the time comes when I decide to open a live account. Well, in fact in the begginning I was fool enough to believe this was an honest environment, and this is what I came accross:

unregulated brokers
    brokers with no address nor a phone
    shittable trading platforms
    HYPS (LOL)
    Forex "guru's", happening to sell books also
    'Forex is the biggest market in the world'
    pip calculators
    pivot calculators
    d'Alembert
    ...plus tons of negative comments from users trading live and brokers trading against them, having awful custommer service, etc...

Luckily I'm a master googler and Internet is my Lazarus; I've got decieved so many times... but I managed to DODGE all these B*TCHES, and never gave up, just kept going searching for the truth. Well, my last broker I've been checking is FXDD, I called them by accident when I had trouble with IFX Metatrader platform :D, and was very pleased by the attention I got, I checked all the comments over the Inet and mostly where positive. So I jumped right in. Then I came to realise FXAuto, and I thought I found my place... "a huge list of signal providers, with historical performance, stress-free trading, advanced MM, and a very promising software"... guess I'll be adding a new snake to my list:

signal providers

OMFG!

My question is why, why people just can't be honest and not cheat, wouldn't it be easier for them? why build a lame TS when you can make a decent one? Where do all these evil people come from?

IMHO, I think FXAuto is honest and very promising, but they have done nothing to kick out all the scammers, specially since they pay them even for bad trades. There has to be a way to prevent this, I'm sure FXAuto dudes do not want this kind of publicity, so please start thinking what can be done!!!

#36     May 6, 2008
  7. 90% of all systems fail, so only 10% will succeed, which means 90% of systems on fx-auto are worthless.

I would suggest looking at Collective2 under best forex systems. For example RT Forex North has been doing good for over a year and you can see how the curve has been gently curving up over time. Also, on C2, you can see that they don't hold losing trades in their system like many bad systems do to try to hide their real win%.

Also, any system that wants you to keep a 800 pip stop is a bs system. They may look good for awhile, but eventually the market will trend down to their stop and the system will blow up.

#37     May 7, 2008
  8. Proupin

Proupin

Doesn't the Fixed Fractional feature prevent this?

I would like to make another question: when you run live through FX Auto, do you need to have Metatrader open too? can you trade manually in MT while FX Auto is running?

#38     May 7, 2008