take a look at my portfolia curve.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by trend2009, Nov 23, 2019.

1. It's not a few seconds on average, but occasionally the TP can be reached in a few seconds. Especially as he is trading reversion, his TP is probably much tighter than stoploss.

#61     Apr 13, 2020
  2. 12 years is a very long time. Are you saying that all this time you have been running your original system without modifications while researching your new strategy? Why don't you incrementally incorporate parts of your best ideas into your live system so that they start making money for you immediately?

#62     Apr 14, 2020
  3. yes. you are correct. i lived on my original system for the last 12 years until early this year i developed another small strategy which was put into use on Mar.1. I did not put my ideas of larger system into live system since it is based on naked eye observations, and I seldom make manual trades.

#63     Apr 14, 2020
  4. Congrats on the second smaller strategy. I think almost anything would print money during march, but hopefully it keeps going well as time goes on!

As for your ultimate strategy.. What does your research process look like? I hope you don't mean you have just been looking at charts for 12 years? :wtf: You are clearly a skilled programmer and auto trader, been massively successful in this in the past, so what is preventing you from applying a systematic approach to your ideas in this case?

#64     Apr 14, 2020
  5. i have finished all components for the larger system. what left is how to put all those components together. with that done, the computer will run almost as good as as my naked eyes. I hope to complete this project in the next few months.

sometimes i feel lucky that I have a small system that has consistently make some money during the last 12 years since I left my government job so that I have time and energy to focus on develop this ultimate strategy. I have several other ideas to try if I can complete this big project.

#65     Apr 14, 2020
  6. OK. I don't completely get it but I certainly wish you the best of luck that all your years of effort are about to pay off soon!

Personally my approach is to trade any ideas I have ASAP by incrementally incorporating them in my live system, because the market gets a bit more efficient every year and I don't want to miss out by letting the perfect become the enemy of the good. Even if you could make the system way better with more work, you need to consider the value of time and compounding.

#66     Apr 14, 2020
  7. totatlly agree with you. If it was 10 years back I would not take same approach

#67     Apr 14, 2020