Take a good look where spending leads.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 12, 2012.

1. So are you calling for austerity? Do you really think Americans will go for that? If you wanna see some pitchforks, suggest auserity to Americans.

#21     Nov 12, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I haven't gotten, or even asked, for a wage increase in probably 5 years.

1) considering my works schedule I'm probably over paid to begin with
    2) the economy has been in and still is in the toilet, lots of my peers don't even have jobs
    3) the service I provide, while highly skilled and specialized, is a discretionary expense for the type of people I work for
    4) I already make over 3 times the national average white household income plus medical paid for in full by my employer
    5) I know others who have been in similar positions who have literally talked themselves out of a job

I figure, why rock the boat?

#22     Nov 12, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

You're the one dodging.

#23     Nov 12, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not since elephant ears was reelected. The welfare/parasite class and their bleeding heart liberal supporters now outnumber the responsible tax payers. You ARE going to get want you wanted. You're just too fucking stupid to realize it yet.

#24     Nov 12, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What is it that I am dodging, again? I'm asking you to clarify your statement so I can offer a counterpoint.

#25     Nov 12, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You're wrong right there, so I hope you enjoyed the typing which followed.

Look, here's what really happened. You read some Ayn Rand and fell in love with the individualism polemic. For research you went looking for sympathetic websites and you found some. Now you feel supported. Big picture though, you're trying to sell a product no one wants, for very many reasons, but chief of which is: it doesn't work.

This thread could have easily been called, "Take a good look at where under-taxation leads."

#26     Nov 12, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

What I am saying is that austerity is coming no matter what. It makes no difference at this point. Either it shows up directly in spending cuts that cut entitlements we cannot afford, or we do it Ricter's way and print ourselves into oblivion to cover the debt, and our money is worthless and cannot buy the things we need.

Either way, pitchforks and riots come. The BIG watchout is extremism.

#27     Nov 12, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Tell me, where is your micro camera that supposedly saw me do all this?

You can pretend you know what led me to post this all you want. You still haven't argued against the point of it. Debt leads to austerity which leads to rioting. Dispute it! Go on.

And just in case you want to fall back on printing, we can revise: Debt leads to printing which leads to devaluation and inflation and then rioting. Same place, different choice.

Pick a path you want to debate.

#28     Nov 12, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I don't think I've EVER seen Tsing Tao dodging. So it MUST be you who is.

#29     Nov 12, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ricter is good at thinking several steps ahead in a debate. When he knows he is being backed into a corner, he desperately tries to redirect the argument, or offer cryptic responses. He figures if he can constantly try to ask me the same questions or give me the same responses I give him, I will somehow become confounded or something. This can buy him time in the hopes I'll get tired and leave the thread.

#30     Nov 12, 2012