taiwan futures 12-26

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jim c, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jim c

jim c

Anyone else experience strange iisues with the taiwan futures last night? I trade on IB. Around 9:00 Chicago time the bid ask opened up to like 5 to 8 ticks (its usually 1 tick wide) . I also have huge gaps in my data this morning. Just wondering if anyone knows what was going on. It seemed like an exchange issue? jim

2. jim c

jim c

I put 12-26 on the title. I meant 12-16. cant edit now

3. I noticed the same issue trading STW on the SGX. The bid ask spread widened for a while then I think the exchange suspended trading for a bit.

4. gangof4

gangof4

according to ib alerts, there was a problem with the exchange. then, when it came back up, they ran like a premarket (why you saw b/a reappear without trading).

hth

5. jim c

jim c

Thanks guys. I closed down IB about 10 min after the problems started so i never saw the bulletin. I appreciate your help. jim

6. def

def Sponsor

The SGX has posted this on their site.

SGX STATEMENT ON TRADING RESUMPTION IN FIVE DERIVATIVES PRODUCTS

SGX statement on trading resumption in five derivatives products

17 December 2008 – Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) would like to inform market participants that trading in the five products in the Singapore Exchange Derivatives Trading (SGX-DT) market, will move from the pre-open phase to the open phase at 12.45 pm. The usual market opening routine will apply.

The five products are:

- SGX MSCI Taiwan Index (SGX TiMSCI) Futures & Options
    - SGX MSCI Hong Kong+ Index (SGX HiMSCI) Futures
    - SGX CNX Nifty Index Futures
    - SGX FTSE Xinhua China A50 Index Futures
    - SGX MSCI Asia APEX 50 Index Futures
    End -

SGX UPDATE ON SECURITIES MARKET
    17 December 2008 – Subsequent to Singapore Exchange Limited’s (SGX) earlier announcement of data feed disruptions caused by network connectivity issues in the securities market, Members also encountered a brief disruption in order feeds at about 4.40 pm. After which, all services were normal and an orderly market closure was effected as scheduled.

The root cause has been traced to a malfunctioning piece of hardware (network switch), which will be rectified overnight. Normal services will resume at market open tomorrow.

We regret any inconvenience caused.

http://info.sgx.com/webnewscentre.n...48256838002f07b148257522001e37f6?OpenDocument

7. jim c

jim c

I was hoping you would chime in Def. I had checked thier site this morning and didnt see anything. Im glad its fixed now. Its a great little product to trade. Jim