TA software for multi monitors

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Feb 6, 2006.

1. TGM

TGM

What ticking sound? I must be missing something??? fill me in?

#41     Feb 7, 2006
  2. Somewhere in the program you can set it to make a "tick" sound
    every time there is a trade in T&S. When things would get hot it
    would really get going and you knew the market was moving...

#42     Feb 7, 2006
  3. Is this a good rage or a bad rage you are talking about? I have
    always wanted to try out Neoticker but haven't as of yet...

#43     Feb 7, 2006

4. I think he is referring to chart properties/beep with each tick.

Personally, I found it annoying, that's why I remember it! :D

st

#44     Feb 7, 2006
  5. I went back and forth with it for quite awhile untill my brain got used to it.

I even kept Ensign for a few months in the background just so I
    could hear the ticks before I cancelled it... Weird huh?...:p

#45     Feb 7, 2006

6. TradeStation has their problems, and customer support is one of them. However, I am not the type that requires handholding, and someone in the forums usually is able/willing to help when the need arises. That, and their data is as bad as eSignal/QCharts if not worse. Thus the reason I scan IB feed as a cross reference. Not the best setup, but I haven't found anything better.

Regards,

st

#46     Feb 7, 2006

7. Bracket Trader has a better setup for that, or so is my opinion. With BT you can filter out the noise of each and every tick and set it to only go off on a predetermined volume.

st

#47     Feb 7, 2006
  8. That sounds pretty cool. I think I have tried over 300 times to install
    BT and never even once have I been successful. Don't know why...:(

#48     Feb 7, 2006
  9. I've quickly scanned through the posts on this thread, and do not have the savy many of you do when it comes to this techno stuff.
    Regarding Ensign though, I have not met anyone in any conference or other gathering where Ensign was being used that mentioned a simple dumb thing I stumbled across several years ago.
    What I learned to do instead of trying to minimize windows and and jumping back and forth from layout to layout is use the huge potential window panel that's available.
    I simply build any chart I want-time frame, indicator on different time frames, market internals windows, etc.
    Then I simply shove the window to the top and bottom of the visible screen leaving just enough to grab should I get in trouble.
    Then go to the scroll bar on the side, move it little wiggle and this enlarges the area of the work space you now have available.
    Do this over and over and you can make many, many full screen window you wish.
    If you want the extra space you can eliminate the tool bars and tabs and the like. But how much space do you need?
    Simply build all the charts you wish in the appearance you wish and then get a little more skilled and using your mouse and move the work area up and down to the desired screen layout.
    Works fine for me.
    You can do this side to side to. I found that doing this became a bit of a headache lining up things after a while so I only use the up-down scrolling across my two panels side by side.
    This makes many, many full size windows potentially available.

Just a thought.
    Tim

#49     Feb 7, 2006

10. The issue regarding this thread is not the number of windows that can be opened and accessed, but rather the ability of having separate charts residing on multiple monitors that allows each chart to be maximized to the monitor that the chart resides on. Clear as mud?

st

#50     Feb 7, 2006